PDA

View Full Version : Contest Time! All Sports win a prize

gingi79
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Right now, my teams are either hanging on for the playoffs, doing really well or building what appears to be a great season. I though posting my thoughts on my 3 teams would not enhance the board so to take bit of braggart out and put him in a nice suit, it would result in:

The First Annual Carolina Kick'in yo Pick'em!

Here is how it goes. You list your favorite MLB team (must be playoff eligible as of 9/23) and how far they will go. Then your NFL team, any team that you think will make the playoffs and how far they will go. Finally, any NHL team or NBA team who you thinks could make the Finals. Also for tie breaking only, pick a College Football team.

Your post would like like:

a) Atlanta Braves: Wins the WC to get it. Takes out Cincy in 5. Takes out Phillies in 7 Wins the World Series against the Yanks in 6 thanks to home field advantage by the best HF record in MLB.

b) Miami Dolphins Wins the AFC East. Plays at home in the second round defeating the Denver Broncos. AFC Championship game Fish over Pitt. What the hell, go big or go home They Win the SB over the Saints.

c) Vancouver Canucks win the West Conference They knock off The Sharks, The Hawks and the Flames. and win the Stanley Cup in Boston

d) Miami Hurricanes end in the top 5 in BCS and win their Bowl game over Boise State.

The winner is decided on points, So for my MLB pics, if the:
1) Braves miss the playoffs: I lose 20 points.
2) Braves make the playoffs 10 points)
3) They win the W/C: 10 points for me. (I was correct in the way they did)
3) Braves get in as the NL East Champ? only 5 points (Half right)
4) Picked the right WC opponent: 5 points
5) Picked the wrong opponent :2 points
6) Defeat that opponent: 5 Points
7 Defeated them in the games I picked:10 points
8) Defeated them in more or less games: (minus 3)
8 They lose in the WC round. Lose 10 points. Everything left get pushed forward to the next sport.
9 Same deal forward through the rounds. And for each season.

I encourage smack talking and commentary just kept it on a joshing or zing level. Saying a player on my football team will spend time in prison going in as a tight end and leaving a wide receiver will be eliminated. Just thought this would be a fun way to root for our teams.

Prizes:
There is no buy it, it's for fun. There will be 3 prizes for winner, runner up and rubber, All items will be low end game worn material most likely a cheap bat, and 2 cheap jerseys. Prizes may change And if this idea takes off like I think it will, maybe we'll have bigger odds and bigger prizes.

So folks, post them up and may the best fan win! :cool::D:):p

shoremen44
09-24-2010, 02:40 PM
OK...

MLB

Phillies win the NL east sweep the Giants... take out the Reds in 5 and win it all over the Rays in 6

NFL

Ravens win the AFC north... beat the Texans... AFC championship over the Jets... win the Super Bowl over the Packers

NHL

Flyers over Sabres... Flyers over Devils... Flyers over Penguins... Flyers win the Cup over the Red Wings

CFB

Nebraska over TCU in the Fiesta Bowl