PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Matt Schaub 2010 Texans jerseys

sox83cubs84
09-21-2010, 05:36 AM
In the process of grabbing photos for my personal database, I noticed some interesting inconsistencies with the placement of the Captain's "C" patch on Matt Schaub's Texans gamers as opposed to previous seasons.

In 2009, he wore the patch in the normal location, on the right upper chest. Come 2010, however, and things have been different...Schaub didn't wear the C patch in any of the preseason photos I found (home or road), and, in the first 2 weeks of the regular season (Texans wore white both games), Schaub's C patch is on the upper LEFT chest.

I just found it odd, so I figured it was worth a mention.

Dave Miedema

BU54CB
09-21-2010, 05:06 PM
In the process of grabbing photos for my personal database, I noticed some interesting inconsistencies with the placement of the Captain's "C" patch on Matt Schaub's Texans gamers as opposed to previous seasons.

In 2009, he wore the patch in the normal location, on the right upper chest. Come 2010, however, and things have been different...Schaub didn't wear the C patch in any of the preseason photos I found (home or road), and, in the first 2 weeks of the regular season (Texans wore white both games), Schaub's C patch is on the upper LEFT chest.

I just found it odd, so I figured it was worth a mention.

Dave Miedema

They don't wear the C patch in the preseason, teams don't elect captains until after preseason is over.
It shouldn't be on the upper left chest, perhaps the photos you saw were reverse negatives (or whatever its called) that were used. I've seen that happen on getty and other sites

sox83cubs84
09-21-2010, 10:49 PM
They don't wear the C patch in the preseason, teams don't elect captains until after preseason is over.
It shouldn't be on the upper left chest, perhaps the photos you saw were reverse negatives (or whatever its called) that were used. I've seen that happen on getty and other sites

It wasn't one photo...it was close to 10...I doubt that they'd ALL be reverse negatives.

Dave Miedema

BU54CB
09-22-2010, 01:46 AM
It wasn't one photo...it was close to 10...I doubt that they'd ALL be reverse negatives.

Dave Miedema

I see what you mean, I saw it on NFL.com's site as well, plus Andre Johnson had his captain patch on the same shoulder.

BULBUS
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Opening day, September 12th:

BULBUS
09-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Last year:

sox83cubs84
09-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I just viewed a Getty photo of Houston's Antonio Smith from Week 1. His C patch is also on the left upper chest.

Maybe a team thing...?

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Update...

Schaub (and maybe the other Texans Captain's jerseys) were consistent on one hand, and variant on the other.

Home:
Schaub photos from Getty of all games in which Houston wore the home black jerseys (first worn in Week 3) show his "C" patch in the normal right chest position.

Road:
The most variant and potentially confusing. On October 3, Schaub's white Houston jersey has the "C" patch on the right sleeve, unlike the previous games (two of which were the subjects of my initial post). After that one 10/3 game, though, Schaub went back to a road jersey with the patch on the left, moreso the front shoulder than the chest, which he wore for all road jersey usages up to December 3. That game, and the remaining games in which the Texans wore white, the right chest location was used again.

Alternate red:

Worn once, with "C" patch in normal right chest location.

Any input on the other Texans Captains would be welcome.

Dave Miedema