PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this Pujols (eBay)

AlexT
09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I've been looking to get a real pujols jersey, their obviously so hard yo find. What do you think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-signed-game-used-worn-Cardinals-jersey-/220672306226?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3361182c32

shoremen44
09-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Alex,
I am by no means a Jersey expert, but I wouldnt touch this one... I have been burned on a Pujols jersey and this one has red flags for me...

take a look at the picks below...

The jersey missing the year flag... which I'd expect on a regular-season gamer... I have included a pic of a year tag.

The real problem I have is the laundry tag... see how how the bottom of the overlock hem is cut away (red circle)... the stich literally stops right before the tag (yellow circle) and then there is a horizontal white stitch... also the top of the tag has no white space... every jersey I have ever seen has space between the material and the writing on the tag

looks altered to me, like someone stiched in a ripped out tag

rj_lucas
09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Like Bert, I'm not going to claim to be the ultimate authority on jerseys, but I have seen late season (i.e. reorder) Majestic jerseys without a year tag. Initial order jerseys always feature a year tag (at least from what I have seen). Rawlings jerseys, such as the one in Bert's photo, always feature a year tag.

Keep in mind, not every jersey ordered by the club is intended for game use. The team issued jerseys I have seen for charity auctions or giveaways do not feature a year tag. They do, however, feature a 0062 wash tag (unless it has been torn out), which complicates matters even more.

All that said, the wash tag on the eBay jersey looks quirky. Compare the amount of space at the top of the eBay tag with this photo from a 2010 team issued (not used) Pujols jersey. I also see what looks like a single horizontal stitch (running just below the vertical cross stitch) that could have been used to sew in the tag on the eBay jersey.

It can be difficult to get a good read based on photos. Given some of these issues, and the dollars involved, I would want to hold the jersey in my hands with a magnifying glass before even thinking about dropping that kind of money on it (or anything like it).

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

sox83cubs84
09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
The idea of an added 0062 tag is one to be considered, as 52 is a retail-available size for Majestic "authentic" jerseys.

Dave Miedema

mhhowelljr
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
The seller is David Archibald. I've had personal interactions with him and alot of his stuff is questionable. I believe he has been banned from the GU Universe website? Maybe some of the folks who've been on here longer can offer some insight or elaboration on that. He's as shady and belligerent as they come. Wouldn't deal with him unless you're 120% sure his stuff is real.