PDA

View Full Version : 55' Dodgers flannel? Real?

AlexT
09-20-2010, 12:02 PM
What's the deal with this flannel, I'm not sure if it's legit. Plus the fact it has a Lou loa.. Lmk

http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-Brooklyn-Dodgers-Road-Game-Flannel-Jersey-/320592972169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa4d48989

MLB_Authentic
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
"A LOA from LOU just won't do"

AlexT
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Lol

sox83cubs84
09-20-2010, 10:12 PM
The Dodgers script on the front does not match several images on the Getty site. I also think that the Rawlings tag the jersey has came around a couple years after 1955, but my memory may be hazy on that. Gotta agree with MLB_Authentic here.

Dave Miedema

flaco1801
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
dave the rawlings tag was good from 55-57 me thinks...

legaleagle92481
09-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I love how he says the LOA is from Hertiage, hoping noone notices that Lou said it.

trsent
09-21-2010, 07:17 PM
I love how he says the LOA is from Hertiage, hoping noone notices that Lou said it.

As a seller who maybe doesn't know about this forum, maybe they see a LOA from Heritage, as that is what the title of the LOA reads and not everyone know about all the questionable items Lou Lampson has authenticated that has been discussed on this forum.

The guy appears to mainly sell baseball trading cards and I bet they have no idea who Lou Lampson is. His signature is on the LOA, but I don't see his name printed on the LOA. So you expect this seller to know Lou Lampson, but maybe they don't being a baseball card dealer.

So, before you accuse the seller of any misdirection, which I believe you are doing, think about the facts as right now no one has contributed to this discussion with if there is any chance this jersey is legit or not.

Just because the Heritage LOA is signed by Lou Lampson doesn't mean the item is not legitimate. I personally don't know the answer to this jersey myself, but I keep watching this thread hoping someone gives a good opinion of the item and tagging.

Again, accusing the seller of mis-direction with the LOA is not fair or doesn't give any value to if this jersey is game used or not. The LOA is from Heritage, which is clearly what they stated.

sox83cubs84
09-21-2010, 10:56 PM
The Dodgers script on the front does not match several images on the Getty site. I also think that the Rawlings tag the jersey has came around a couple years after 1955, but my memory may be hazy on that. Gotta agree with MLB_Authentic here.

Dave Miedema

Joel:

I did comment earlier on the inconsistencies of the Dodgers front script (see above).

Dave M.

trsent
09-21-2010, 11:13 PM
dave the rawlings tag was good from 55-57 me thinks...

Joel:

I did comment earlier on the inconsistencies of the Dodgers front script (see above).

Dave M.

Dave, you stated that you think the tag is wrong, you were not definite. The fact that someone chimed in that the tag looks good they think, makes me wonder if the tag is right or wrong since everyone is just thinking and no definite answers.

The font you mentioned concerns me, but again, no one has given a perfect answer about the legitimacy of this item at this time. Lou Lampson's signature doesn't make this item genuine or not, but our experts on this forum have not helped us make a definitive conclusion.