PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Tossing Incident

cohibasmoker
09-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Here's an interesting incident that occurred yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brandon-Jacobs-throws-helmet-into-the-stands-in-?urn=nfl-270794

rdeversole
09-20-2010, 11:17 AM
I was watching the game. That helmet should be the fans, especially since the player threw it into the crowd. The fact that he missed his intended target of the bench means nothing. The fan should get something for that players ignorance.

Dach0sen0ne
09-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Someone post this in Game Used Memoribilla. The aftermath. LOL :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM4-4zCO8O4

legaleagle92481
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I was watching the game. That helmet should be the fans, especially since the player threw it into the crowd. The fact that he missed his intended target of the bench means nothing. The fan should get something for that players ignorance.

It was probably his only helmet without it what would he do play helmetless so some fan could keep it? I believe Football players dont have extra helmets. If you recall that time in the Super Bowl Thurman Thomas missed a couple of plays while a mad search was conducted for his missing helmet.

skinsfan0521
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
It was probably his only helmet without it what would he do play helmetless so some fan could keep it? I believe Football players dont have extra helmets. If you recall that time in the Super Bowl Thurman Thomas missed a couple of plays while a mad search was conducted for his missing helmet.
It's true, they don't have extra helmets. When I was buying my Chris Snee helmet from him, he told me that I had to wait till the end of the season because the equipment staff only has one ready for him.

But, Jacobs was benched after that incident anyway, so he certainly didn't need his helmet to sit on the bench. I'd think that the fan would've been able to broker some sort of a deal, but who knows. In my opinion, I'd think it would work like people catching HR balls... "Let's Make a Deal"

LastingsMilledge85
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
IsIsis there any legal action that would protect the fan in being able to keep te helmet? Jacobs did erractically throw a helmet at him, so would he forfeit possesion of it? To me it doesn't seem fair to the fan, even though it was unintentional; Jacobs did throw the helmet at him.

EurekaDave
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Why not a game-used football as a consolation prize? I would have been happy with that.

camarokids
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
It was in The Indianapolis Star that the fan received a football from the Giants in return.

tkd7
09-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Pretty funny video. The guy actually believes he should be able to keep the helmet!

murfsteve25
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
It's true, they don't have extra helmets."

Chad Ochocinco posted a pic on his facebook during spring camp, showing the 4 helmets that he'll wear this season

skinsfan0521
09-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Chad Ochocinco posted a pic on his facebook during spring camp, showing the 4 helmets that he'll wear this season
Ok, then, I guess it's obviously true that *some* players have extra helmets. I'd venture to guess though that those who have the extra helmets have plans to sell (or donate them to a charity auction) them.

While Chris Snee certainly isn't a big star or anything, he's a 2 time Pro Bowl player and considered by many (most?) to be the premier OG in the NFL and he only has 1 per season. I actually believe, but haven't gotten around to checking with Joe Skiba (Giants Equip Mgr) that he used the helmet for several years. They're reconditioned every year, so I don't know if Chris would even know himself if he used the same helmet for several years or not.

sox83cubs84
09-21-2010, 10:59 PM
B-Jake's wallet is $10K lighter after this tantrum.

Dave Miedema