PDA

View Full Version : Donnie Baseball gets his shot!

Vintagedeputy
09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Dodgers will be led by Don Mattingly in 2011. Congrats to one of the greatest ballplayers I ever saw. Donnie Baseball was everything that a Yankee fan could ever dream of watching on a baseball field. The Dodgers are getting a good man.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2010/09/17/z4gREqtq.jpg

oh and by the way, how did Joe Torre get to be 70 freakin' years old? Where have the years gone?

suave1477
09-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Vintage as much as I am a Yankee fan I wish I could share in your joy. I just don't feel Donnie has the Manager instinct. IMO

From the very little times he had to fill in as a Manager he made bad descisions.

godwulf
09-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Come out to Phoenix Municipal Stadium starting on October 12th and watching Mattingly manage the Phoenix Desert Dogs in the Arizona Fall League.

I've got a feeling attendance at those games is going to be UP this year!

joelsabi
09-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Dodgers will be led by Don Mattingly in 2011. Congrats to one of the greatest ballplayers I ever saw. Donnie Baseball was everything that a Yankee fan could ever dream of watching on a baseball field. The Dodgers are getting a good man.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2010/09/17/z4gREqtq.jpg

oh and by the way, how did Joe Torre get to be 70 freakin' years old? Where have the years gone?

With Mattingly's hire this is the fourth manager during the McCourt's ownership, the same amount of manager as during the O'Malley's ownership. There has not been any stability in the ownership ever since the Divorce case which also revealed that the McCourt's took $100 million from the Dodgers to maintain their extravagant lifestyle. Even the the previous owner O'Malley thinks that McCourt is a disgrace to the Los Angeles community and wish he never sold it to McCourt. So hopefully Mattingly can keep the ship afloat until new ownership can be brought in.

Glad Mattingly is getting his chance. He earned his chance. Hopefully he brings some intensity to the managerial style that he showed as a player.

Mattingly85MVP
09-18-2010, 07:56 PM
He's my all-time favorite athlete period...I very happy for the hitman, and even though I'm a die-hard yankee fan, I will root for the dodgers to win it all during his tenure (unless its at the yankees expense of course)- I would have liked to see him win a title as the Yankee manager (had visions of it as soon as he came back to the game to coach in 04, figured the yanks were grooming him for the job), but it will be a sweet day if he can finally get one- DON-NIE BASE-BALL (clap, clap, clap clap clap) DON-NIE BASE-BALL (clap, clap, clap clap clap)