PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1 Jersey Question Home vs. Road jerseys

legaleagle92481
09-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Serious question: Is it just me or in week one were teams wearing the wrong jerseys:

The Jets and Saints were in white at home, the Raiders were in black on the road, the Vikes and Ravens were in purple on the road. Why were teams wearing what I could have sworn were home colors on the road and reverse. Someone please said some light on this as I am seriously confused. This effects gu jersey collectors because how can you tell what is what if teams start doing this.

MichaelofSF
09-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Some teams like to wear white at home (Cowboys). But during the early weeks of the season when the weather is warmer, coaches think that the white jerseys at home will keep their players cooler. For this reason some teams choose to wear white at home early in the season. (I know the Saints play in a dome, so not sure of their reason)

otismalibu
09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
I guess, technically, it can't be wrong because it's home team's choice, isn't it?

But I still had no idea why the Saints & Jets were wearing white.

BU54CB
09-16-2010, 09:36 PM
The Bears wore white at home last weekend, some coaches feel it keeps their players cooler. When the Bears opened in SD a few years ago, SD wore white so the Bears had to wear their home blues on the road.

indyred
09-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Pats also used white at home vs. Bengals. Very common to see this early in season. Like said before, teams/coaches feel wearing white at home in hot weather keeps them cooler. Home team picks jersey. Was nice to see the Redskins wear dark jersey at home with yellow pants. They haven't used yellow pants in long time. Maybe even Shanny will bring back the maroon/spear alternate they have. Last used in 2003 vs Saints, but used in a bunch of games in 2002 with 70th Ann patch.

LastingsMilledge85
09-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Home team dictates which uniform they want to wear. Remember last year when the Jets wore the white throwback uniform at home? It's been done many times by many teams before, not a big deal.

JasonBanz
09-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Miami will wear white at home unless its a night game. Games at 1 or 4 will always be white jersey with white pants. Night games will either be the orange alternate or green.

Preston
09-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Typically the home team has the designation as to which jersey they choose to wear - i.e. in the Titans case we chose to wear white jerseys and make the Raiders were black b/c (as we all know) black absorbs more heat.

And Sunday, guess what color Pittsburgh will be wearing? You guessed it, black. Jeff Fisher already decided we're wearing white again.

Definitely were a lot of road teams wearing "home" colors on the road, though...