PDA

View Full Version : AMI Philly jerseys - Utley/Howard

nickacs
09-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Any opinions on either of these jerseys in their current auction? I really like both (Howard's MVP year) and the great use on the Utley, and although both come with team letter's, I wished they came with MLB auth #'s too.

The Howard is a road which makes it almost impossible to photomatch, and haven't found a lot of 2005 Utley home photos to try and match the dirt stains on the front..

Any info/opinions would be great!

Thanks,
Nick

nickacs
09-16-2010, 09:10 AM
I'm not very familiar with the Phillies team letters, but do find it a little strange that the '05 Utley letter and '06 Howard letter are two totally completely different style/fonted letters. Wouldn't they be the same since the years were so close??

Just curious...

AlexT
09-16-2010, 10:34 AM
IMO they are legit, if you take a look at AMI's past auctions when phillies jerseys were auctioned off, the Phillies COAs are the same. All tagging is correct as well. That's just my 2 cents

Alex

Dewey2007
09-16-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm not very familiar with the Phillies team letters, but do find it a little strange that the '05 Utley letter and '06 Howard letter are two totally completely different style/fonted letters. Wouldn't they be the same since the years were so close??

Just curious...

I have come across Rollins jerseys with fake/doctored letters. You should contact the Phillies and see if they have records of these jerseys being sold by the team or through their Charities. At the least maybe they can take a look at scanned copies of the letters to see if they match up with what letterhead they were using at the time, etc. I know there seem to be a lot of 2005 Rollins jerseys that I've seen being sold over the last couple of years. Good luck!

nickacs
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys for your feedback!

Yea, Dewey, "team letters" don't mean jack to me. We all know about the doctored Steiner letter I received one time previously for a jersey! Especially since on the Philly ones they are blank except for someone using a printer/type writer and fill in the player's jersey/year info. Waaayyy too easy to forge and doctor IMO.

Unfortunately the auction closes tonight so I won't have the time to track down and contact a Philly rep, but I guess I should've thought of that a week or two ago! Oh wells :)

I'll pass up both jerseys for now.. I'm sure one day these or another set will surface with better letters and/or, even better, MLB auth # stickers! :)

Thanks again...

Dewey2007
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks guys for your feedback!

Yea, Dewey, "team letters" don't mean jack to me. We all know about the doctored Steiner letter I received one time previously for a jersey! Especially since on the Philly ones they are blank except for someone using a printer/type writer and fill in the player's jersey/year info. Waaayyy too easy to forge and doctor IMO.

Unfortunately the auction closes tonight so I won't have the time to track down and contact a Philly rep, but I guess I should've thought of that a week or two ago! Oh wells :)

I'll pass up both jerseys for now.. I'm sure one day these or another set will surface with better letters and/or, even better, MLB auth # stickers! :)

Thanks again...

I know the Phillies were supposed to be auctioning off a 2009 Utley WS road jersey. I haven't seen it on MLB Auctions so maybe it will be up soon unless I missed it and it has already sold?

Mattfedo01
09-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah the Utley WS Jersey was sold on there website for about 3400.00. It was probably auction off like a month ago!!!!! I could not believe how low this went!!!!

Neal
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Phillies LOAs were all over the place at one point. Besides some poor wording and misspelling, there are Phillie LOAs that are on Vet stationary one year after moving to CB Park. This has been verified with several collectors on the board.

cliffjmp33
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah the Utley WS Jersey was sold on there website for about 3400.00. It was probably auction off like a month ago!!!!! I could not believe how low this went!!!!

I believe said jersey is now on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHASE-UTLEY-2009-WORLD-SERIES-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-/180567527229?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0aa9cf3d

nickacs
09-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I am very interested in the Utley and scoured Gettys/AP for some nice close-ups, but not much available. I'd love to see any close-ups of the HK patch to see any of the "dots" MLB put on them. Not that I doubt the jersey isn't legit, but just curious.
I think in one of the pics I found, there was some dirt stains around the top/left collar/shoulder area, but the Ebay pics only show the front of the jersey in a frame.. Boo! LOL..

BTW, I see the AMI Howard that started this thread is on Ebay now too if anyone is interested.

Dewey2007
09-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Just any FYI. My 2009 Rollins WS jersey did not come with a team letter so there is a good chance that none of them did. I just got a sales receipt from the team. They were also all authenticated as game issued originally but I think the team was going to work on changing that if possible and I see the Utley is listed as game used. I was told by a team rep I can send my Rollins back and they will have MLB change the authentication wording to reflect it was game worn. The team indicated they will pay the shipping costs but still debating if I want to risk it.