PDA

View Full Version : AMI JERRY RICE shirt

solarlottry
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
AMI has the Rice shirt from the 12/15/97 game against the Broncos up for auction and I am having trouble photo matching it to game photos. The NFL shield orientation appears different on game photos and the jersey in auction. If anyone else could take a look that would be great.

Thanks
Paul

nickacs
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Since they have an sudden "influx" of a lot of 90's SF jerseys, I thought maybe you were auctioning off your SF collection! :) haha...

I was interested in the Rice too, but likewise, I can't photomatch it to that game.. AP has a lot of images from that game, but in all the field shots, his jersey is still pretty clean! Can't find any dirt/scuff/helmet marks on the offered jersey vs. pics.. Hmmm....

Wonder why they got a sudden wave of SF 90's stuff in? Also, there's a lot of '94 season ones that are usually pretty hard to find of all kinds of players/teams.. Weird...

solarlottry
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
The 49ers shirts being sold in the current AMI auction were actually sold by AMi over the last few years. I am guessing the owner needed $ for some reason. If you search thru the old AMI auctions you will see many of those shirts. The Rice and the Brodie are NOT from the same person who consigned the other 49ers shirts.

I have tried to match the Rice and the shield looks off. I have taken a ruler to both the images of the shirt and game photos and it appears as if the shield is sewn on differently on each. I am hoping that someone else who is interested can present some evidence to the contrary.

I have almost 100 49ers gamers so you would know if I was selling them, which I have no plans to at the moment. I try to work hard so I don't ever have too! In fact I am always looking for more especially 1994 shirts.