PDA

View Full Version : MLB Hologram Error

jetersbatboy
09-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey Guys,
I picked up a jersey a little while ago and the hologram is incorrect. Its authenticated to another player and there is only a difference of 1 number between the 2. Who can I contact to have this corrected. The jersey is a team issued jersey according to MLB and game used by the team LOA. I have emailed the MLB authentication a couple time with no response. Any help would be grateful.

markize
09-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Scott,

I have a contact in the MLB hologram department who helped me resolve an issue with an item in my collection. I will email you right now with her info, and might have a lead on the other thing we talked about via emial.

Mark

panthrotc
09-15-2010, 12:55 AM
i have MLB error holo as well.

I have Evan Longoria Signed Game Used Bat
It is from His Company distributor MC Sports. Comes with the Company Coa and everything

The database says it is BJ Uptons.

Obvious error. I don't know what to do. Don't really care but yea it happens.

Here is the bat

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t25/longball98/Evan%20Longoria/Memorabilia/longo.jpg

panthrotc
09-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Scott,

I have a contact in the MLB hologram department who helped me resolve an issue with an item in my collection. I will email you right now with her info, and might have a lead on the other thing we talked about via emial.

Mark

can you please email her address also??

Thundercats83@aol.com

coxfan
09-15-2010, 05:16 AM
Markize, with your inside info on the MLB hologram dept., perhaps you could help us understand why some holograms are so late being entered. On August 28 I bought a g-u ball from the Rangers, hologram # FJ 181401, which was marked as g-u on 8-25-10. It has meaning for me since my new grandson was born in the Arlington area on 8-25. But it's not in the database yet.

Could you help on some other questions? Are Authenticators, Inc a separate entity, or solely under MLB? Why did some former entries by Deloitte & T later get changed in the database to "Authenticators, Inc." as occurred with a g-u base from the Rangers from the 5-21-04 game? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

coxfan
09-15-2010, 03:29 PM
By coincidence, the 8-25-10 game holograms were posted today (9-15) a few hours after my earlier posting here. By going through the sequence of hologram numbers (eg FJ 181397-405) it seems five balls were authenticated from that game, all from the first three innings. Three were fouls ( two from one batter), one in the dirt, and one double. The pattern of what's authenticated seems to vary a lot from game to game. There's no set pattern.