PDA

View Full Version : Joe Montana 49ers game Jersey expert wanted !!!

mchmaj
09-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Hello 49ers/Joe Montana Collectors,

i need a help with my game used Joe Montana 49ers Jersey. I am trying to figure out what year it is from.

This jersey doesnt have any COA and i am looking to get one and do you know how to reach former equipment manager that is willing to do the COA for the Montana Jersey???

i found few pictures from gettyimages.com and i am getting close.

I need to know which year Joe Montana worn this only facemask and i know he worn it for short time....

here is the picture and let me know

solarlottry
09-13-2010, 11:59 PM
can you post some images of the shirt and tags? You can email me the pics if you want to at garciajones@yahoo.com. I am no means an expert on Montana shirts but someone i know should be able to help.

thanks
paul

mchmaj
09-14-2010, 12:37 AM
thanks paul,
but i am not worry about the jersey itself, its 100% authentic n game used as it got few repairs and helmet impact marks on the numbers on front n back and some on sleeves. it is from early 80s thats for sure....

my montana jersey matches the jersey in the picture so i would like to know what year the picture is from. Once anyone helps me with finding what year montana wears this facemask style then it will give me an answer :)

marcus

solarlottry
09-14-2010, 12:45 AM
I didnt question the authenticity of the shirt but looking at the tags and shirt itself may help identify the year. My friend is an expert on Montana jerseys and he may be able to ID the year by the tags and sleeves etc. But if you dont feel comfortable posting or emailing me images that is up to you.

mchmaj
09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
okay, not a plm :)
i will post pictures soon

mchmaj
09-14-2010, 10:10 AM
heres pictures

riodegennaro
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello,

The 49ers used the old Wilson brand through 1983. From 1984-1989 they used Russell Athletic. From 1990-1995 they used Wilson again with the newer Wilson tag and sewn on numbers and name. (Actually Montana began using this in the 89/90 playoffs.

Your jersey is pre-1984, from the 81-83 era. Not sure if you can peg it to a specific year, but if you could it would be through the Wilson tag. It looks great. Fun to see. Let me know if you ever make it avaliable. I have a 1994 Steve Young throwback from the Redskins game, team LOA and picture of Steve signing it that may become available for sale or trade.

mchmaj
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
after looking at gettyimagines over the weekend .....
i have discovery that the facemask that joe montana worn is from 1983 season and he only worn this facemask style few games.. do you know why he did that?? i am wondering why he did that ???
lmk
marcus

solarlottry
09-20-2010, 11:39 PM
RIO if you ever decide to sell your Steve Young shirt please let me know. I am a serious 49ers collector and am always looking for ANY quality 49ers gamers especially Steve Young shirts from 1994. Shoot me an email at garciajones@yahoo.com if interested in making some $$$$$$ for that shirt.

Thanks
Paul

If you have any other 49ers shirts that you are even considering selling please let me know

sox83cubs84
09-21-2010, 03:40 AM
FUN FACT:

In 1993, in a publicity stunt orchestrated by the Kansas City Chiefs, the tiny town of Ismay, MT (pop. 26 in 2000) unofficially renamed itself Joe, Montana.

Dave Miedema