PDA

View Full Version : Larkin Thread

ChrisCavalier
09-11-2010, 04:50 AM
I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know why the Larking thread was removed. The first reason was that it was confirmed that the thread was initiated by a previously banned member whose intentions clearly went beyond merely sharing information. Secondly, the owner of the jersey appeared to be satisfied with the resolution reached with the seller as evidence in the following from one of his posts:

"Looks like this issue may come to a close rather quickly. The seller has been class act from the minute I reached out to him. He has offered a full refund and has been open in all aspects of communication.

I truthfully believe the seller had no wrongdoing or wasn't trying to pull one over on me. Right now to myself, the jersey has a few question marks and I am just not 100% comfortable with it. He wanted me to be 100% happy and the jersey has been returned. I prefer to not mention his name, because there was no real wrongdoing by the seller. If anything it just proves what a great GUU member and most importantly person he is..."

Since the thread contained posts that were taking the thread in different directions it was deleted. If the owner of the jersey in question has any issues and thinks the thread needs to be reinstated please feel free to contact me and we can discuss whether or not it is necessary. I think the following from one of the posts of forum member on the thread sums up the conclusion the moderators reached after reviewing the situation:

"The thread should of NEVER been created. The person that found the inaccuracies should have privately emailed the owner of the jersey and pointed out what they saw didn't add up. If then the owner of the jersey felt compelled to let EVERYONE know the truth about the jersey then that's his call...."

I will also add that the seller's response verified there was no negative intent regarding the sale of the jersey. Again, the situation was resolved satisfactorily between the buyer and the seller and we were not interested in allowing the thread to go in the direction it was headed.

If anyone has any issues or questions about the thread deletion whatsoever, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss it with them.

Sincerely,
Chris