PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Bench 1971 all star game authentic used bat

camarokids
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Better hurry and bid on this beauty of a bat!!!

I love the description.....

"Johnny Bench authentic used bat during the 1971 all star game in Detroit, MI. Same all star game that Reggie Jackson blasted a home run, off the light tower of the right center field roof at Tiger Stadium. Bat was cracked in his first plate appearance. Handed to the bat boy who then handed to my father, who was good friends with the bat boy. Hilleriche and Bradsby CO. H&B Made in U.S.A Louisville, KY."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Johnny-Bench-1971-all-star-game-authentic-used-bat-/220667219146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3360ca8cca

jbsportstuff
09-10-2010, 06:55 PM
This kind of auction is what gives Game used stuff a very bad name. This never saw the hands of Bench. What a horrible fake.

suave1477
09-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Guys I dont mind so much if you want to call an item out and no im not a moderator but for educational purposes can you explain why it is a fake? For people who do not know or understand.

I do understand why it is but it helps others who may be new or just not know.

I myself have been guilty of this too but i do try to come back and explain.

I just see so many threads get posted up that an item is a fake and no one explains why.

Birdbats
09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
This is probably one of those cases where a dad gave a bat to his son with a harmless story about it being something noteworthy and the son, who isn't familiar with the hobby, has believed the tale for years. He probably truly thinks Bench used this bat in '71. Anyone who has taken five minutes to educate him/herself about bats would instantly spot it as a low-end retail bat.