PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady GU Jersey - NFL Auctions

beantown
09-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Up for auction at the NFL Auctions website is a Tom Brady Patriots Game Used Jersey (Pre-Season) vs. the New Orleans Saints on 08/12/10….

I tried to “photo match” the jersey and could not…I looked at photos from warm ups, game action and while Brady was on the sidelines in the second half…

The jersey being worn by Brady shows the NFL Equipment Shield on the neck collar above the front chest seem, while the jersey being auctioned off by NFL Auctions shows the NFL Equipment Shield going into the front chest seem... :confused:

Jags Fan Dan
09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't get too hung up on that. A lot of perception changes with a jersey that is on over shoulder pads versus when it is just laying on a flat surface. It looks like the shield might just be draped over the seam in the picture of the jersey. I'm not saying that I know it's the same jersey, I'm just saying you can't really judge by that type of stuff when the jersey goes from the player to just laying.

beantown
09-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't get too hung up on that. A lot of perception changes with a jersey that is on over shoulder pads versus when it is just laying on a flat surface. It looks like the shield might just be draped over the seam in the picture of the jersey. I'm not saying that I know it's the same jersey, I'm just saying you can't really judge by that type of stuff when the jersey goes from the player to just laying.

Dan,

I have to respectfully disagree, yes, some things will change when a jersey is being worn by a player vs. it just laying flat, but not where something is stitched on a jersey...I have seen Pats jerseys manufactured both ways with NFL Shield above and into the seem running across the chest... If I was going to shell out $8k (where the auction is at now) and it comes from the NFL, I wouldn't want to have any doubts and a DEFINITIVE photo match...

Mulligans
09-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I have to agree with BeanTown 100% on the Brady. Photos are not always as they appear in real life, but in my opinion, they are not even close. If these are the photos from the game in question, they do not match.

Unfortunately, the high bidder is the same one that runs up Pats Jerseys and does not pay.....I'm sure that we will see the Jersey again.

bambelbitz
09-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Not only is there the problem with the NFL Equipment Shield, but the posted photos clearly show that the Patriots logo of the Patriots Patch is going into the front chest seem, whereas on the jersey being auctioned it is clearly below the front chest seem. Really Odd, Indeed... :confused:

Jags Fan Dan
09-04-2010, 04:24 PM
It does look a lot more like the one he wore against the Rams on 8/26:
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/103651045.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6FB181D4B98632263 3D2A2F2E4C6A87A90C594BE507293ECD

Jags Fan Dan
09-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I meant to say, it doesn't look like the one he wore that week, either. I was thinking maybe they just goofed in saying which game it was from. But the one from that game looks the same as the one from the other game.

Mulligans
09-04-2010, 04:36 PM
WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?

beantown
09-04-2010, 06:03 PM
WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?

Jeff, since you seem to know of him, you could forward the photos...the Saints are actually auctioning off this jerseys and it states in was worn against them in that pre-season game, so that should be the jersey seen in the photos of the Pats game from 08/12/10....

Is it possible that the Saints asked the Pats for a Brady gamer from that game and someone from the Pats decided just to give them an issued jersey????????

Mattfedo01
09-04-2010, 08:49 PM
WOW!!!!! Thats Scary.......Someone messed this up somewhere, that Jersey is not even Close to a match!!!

Matt

beantown
09-04-2010, 09:35 PM
The only other time the Patriots wore their home blue jerseys this pre-season was on 08/26/10 vs. the St. Louis Rams...again, not a match... :confused:

genius
09-04-2010, 09:38 PM
o/t but Brady needs a haircut!

jhunt28
09-05-2010, 06:28 PM
[quote=
Is it possible that the Saints asked the Pats for a Brady gamer from that game and someone from the Pats decided just to give them an issued jersey????????[/quote]

This is a HUGE issue I would think? I started to look back at possible 2009 matches, but there is a "10" tag sewn into the jersey tagging, I'm assuming meaning "2010". So why would he have worn a "2010" gamer in 2009? Makes no sense...I almost think your theory could be correct? And perhaps the real preseason jersey is in someone's house already?? I'd have a massive problem shelling out this kind of dough, for not only a preseason jersey, but a preseason jersey that cannot be matched.

perlman9
09-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I just decided to go on Getty to search Tom Brady and his 2010 preseason jersey and they also seem to have the patch sewn over the seam. Even if issued, seems weird that his issued jersey would be very different from his game jerseys. His white jerseys are sewn the same way as well.

Even more weird, if you search Rob Gronkowski #87 during the 2010 New York Giants game, his patch is clearly below as the Brady for sale shows. Odd indeed as Brady seems to be the only player with his jersey like that as Alge Crumpler is also below the seem.

jhunt28
09-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Now that you mention it, I don't see a single player on the Pats from any of the 2010 preseason pictures who have the "Patriots" sewn into the seam of the jersey? I wonder if this could be a unique trait of all legit Brady gamers? Perhaps something the equipment managers do to keep counterfits from escaping? Which would of course lead us to the questions of where did this jersey being auctioned on NFL Auctions originate?

beantown
09-07-2010, 06:40 PM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=131395466&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=131742176

Well, it looks as though some of the bids have been retracted, as this was at somewhere around $7,800 and now dropped to $5,150.... wonder why the NFL hasn't pulled it yet?

Mulligans
09-07-2010, 09:38 PM
They are aware of the inconsistencies and removed the guy who Never pays but have not removed the jersey yet. I have been dealing with them for a long time and I don't really think they care!

Mulligans
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh yea.....John, I think you may have hit on something. I have learned that they do have a built in signal on all of the Brady gu jerseys.

legaleagle92481
09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Here's a question are you guys sure the pictured jersey is the jersey the winner receives? I ask because they may not have had the item in their possession when they created the auction since it was used only a few weeks ago and they may have just placed a photo of any Brady jersey they could find up there as a representation of what the winner will approximately receive. They have jerseys from the opener on there that are represented by photos of the players wearing other jerseys. In the case of the Favre he is in a home purple jersey but the winner will get a white road jersey. I find it hard to believe that the league would botch a well publicized charity auction by having the premier item therein be a fake jersey. They have messed up in the past but it was always player didn't play in the game and they described it as being used when it was not such as the Jamal Lewis jersey Greg posted a thread on. Never before has a jersey they had on there not been genuine.

Mulligans
09-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Dear Bidder,

Due to administrative error this listing has closed early without a winner. Once corrected the item will be relisted in which you can choose to bid on the item again.

Listing #: 131742176
Title: TOM BRADY 2010 GAME WORN PRESEASON JERSEY

We apologize for any inconveniences,

NFL Auctions

Dach0sen0ne
09-08-2010, 03:19 PM
Dear Bidder,

Due to administrative error this listing has closed early without a winner. Once corrected the item will be relisted in which you can choose to bid on the item again.

Listing #: 131742176
Title: TOM BRADY 2010 GAME WORN PRESEASON JERSEY

We apologize for any inconveniences,

NFL Auctions

I guess that says it all, but I bet it's not the last we see of that jersey.

jhunt28
09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=132248891&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=132595601

So the administrative error was nothing? They just relisted the exact same jersey, just with a lower opening bid?? Or am I missing something?

Mulligans
09-08-2010, 05:50 PM
No......These are different Jerseys!!!! Too Freaking Funny! The Jersey is tagged 2010. That only leaves one possible explanation...... He wore it at home on his coach when he was watching the video of one of the preseason games this year!

"Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

Does anyone else find this insulting?

bambelbitz
09-08-2010, 06:55 PM
No......These are different Jerseys!!!! Too Freaking Funny! The Jersey is tagged 2010. That only leaves one possible explanation...... He wore it at home on his coach when he was watching the video of one of the preseason games this year!

"Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

Do they honestly think that everyone would now assume that the jersey shown in the pictures is the one he wore in a preseason game since they said they would correct it?
Do they think that no one would recheck again?
I find it not only insulting, but a disgrace for the National Football League. Even if it benefits a good cause, as a collector, I won't give 5.000 $ for a jersey where it is not even certain that it is game worn.

beantown
09-08-2010, 07:12 PM
I find this highly insulting!!!

Initially NFL Auctions stated this was worn by Tom Brady on 08/12/2010 vs. the New Orleans Saints...photographs show that it wasn't! Now all of a sudden it’s a Tom Brady game worn jersey from????

Whoever owns a game used jersey from the NFL Auctions might want to rely solely on their word and verify the jersey via photographs….

jhunt28
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM

I must be looking at something wrong? Because the first jersey they had up for auction had the "10" wash tag in the lower right portion of the tagging. I just brought up the auction picture again, and compared it to the first picture in this thread...they are identical from what I can see? This is just bizarre...

beantown
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
I find this highly insulting!!!

Initially NFL Auctions stated this was worn by Tom Brady on 08/12/2010 vs. the New Orleans Saints...photographs show that it wasn't! Now all of a sudden it’s a Tom Brady game worn jersey from????

Whoever owns a game used jersey from the NFL Auctions might not want to rely solely on their word and verify the jersey via photographs….

legaleagle92481
09-08-2010, 09:14 PM
It comes down to are they going to take the word of a bunch of collectors most of whom will not even bid on said item or the word of one of the greatest players of all time who they claim to have obtained it directly from? They pull it they risk Brady being highly insulted and never donating to them again because it is essentially calling him a liar. Other players may find out and do the same. This auction has been in the mainstream news so they are very worried about PR here. That explains the description change which does not note when the jersey was supposedly worn. The simple explanation is that someone probably switched the jersey and sold it on the black market somewhere. i.e. team employee told by Brady to send it to NFL Auctions or someone in receiving at NFL Auctions who had a heads up it was coming or someone who had access to it while it was in the mail. Brady jerseys are super scarce and highly valuable so to a dishonest person the temptation is defintely there. But you can't fault NFL Auctions for siding with Brady here.

solarlottry
09-09-2010, 01:57 AM
It comes down to are they going to take the word of a bunch of collectors most of whom will not even bid on said item or the word of one of the greatest players of all time who they claim to have obtained it directly from? They pull it they risk Brady being highly insulted and never donating to them again because it is essentially calling him a liar. Other players may find out and do the same. This auction has been in the mainstream news so they are very worried about PR here. That explains the description change which does not note when the jersey was supposedly worn. The simple explanation is that someone probably switched the jersey and sold it on the black market somewhere. i.e. team employee told by Brady to send it to NFL Auctions or someone in receiving at NFL Auctions who had a heads up it was coming or someone who had access to it while it was in the mail. Brady jerseys are super scarce and highly valuable so to a dishonest person the temptation is defintely there. But you can't fault NFL Auctions for siding with Brady here.

If the jersey was stolen then where did the new jersey come from? if Brady sent his preseason gamer to the NFL and it disappeared then why would they re-list a random jersey. The entire situation makes little sense. I would think that the Patriots would be holding his shirts as they are traditionally very tight with their game used items and that the preseason gamer would go from the Patriots organization directly to the NFL. I doubt Brady gave his preseason shirt to someone and told him "hey mail this to the NFL". I almost think that NFL auctions was trying to auction any old 2010 Brady shirt and was caught trying to pull a fast one. One would hope that NFL auctions was credible and that the gamers directly from the NFL could be bought without reservation. It seems not. It is distressing and disappointing that they tried to sell something for over 7000$ not as advertised. Lets see what happens with the auction.

Mulligans
09-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Brady probably reached into his locker and threw them a Jersey. Once they are washed, I'm sure that he has no idea which is which and really doesn't care. He certainly isn't expecting people to be analyzing logos. Why would he personally care about something that would be so trivial to him?

I really do not think that there is any sort of theft, collusion, misrepresentation etc.

Isn't it possible that the Jersey was worn as a second Jersey in one of the 2 preseason games. Maybe he knew that he was not going to play after the half and just threw on a new clean Jersey to sit on the sidelines? Maybe we just haven't seen a good photo of him wearing it?

Either way, I was hoping that NFL Auctions would be more cautious if they had even a hint that something was not right.

beantown
09-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I can't see Brady being involved in giving his game used jersey to the NFL Auctions...pure speculation, but I see the NFL getting this from the someone on the Patriots equipment staff...the NFL asks the Patriots for Brady's gamer and someone on the staff gives an issued vs. worn jersey...who would ever know ;)

legaleagle92481
09-10-2010, 08:27 AM
I don't get it if this jersey is "not authentic", Jeff how come your currently bidding $4,500 on it?

Mulligans
09-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I got the Brady Jersey Yesterday and I am happy to say that it is indeed a GU Jersey. The wear is very light as would be expected, but the odor is strong and the Jersey is unwashed.

I am going to get film on the first 3 games that he wore Blue and see if I can find when he wore it. Pictures are worth a thousand words.....but they do not represent every second of the game because he definitely wore this Jersey during this season.

This was the modified description that the NFL provided, so they clearly must have done their homework on the Jersey before they re listed it.

I'll post some photos when I get a chance......

clinton2828
09-23-2010, 10:57 AM
"I got the Brady Jersey Yesterday and I am happy to say that it is indeed a GU Jersey. The wear is very light as would be expected, but the odor is strong and the Jersey is unwashed. "

I was curious as to what made you think he wore this jersey in any of the preseason games when the several photos posted have not supported it?

Personally I would have bid if the pictures backed up what the items stated it was, but i was not comfortable with it.

When you say the wear is "very light" that would be expected and that is not what scared me off, it is the fact the photos did not show a match.

"Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund."

This sentiment is contradictory to what has been discussed and confirmed that the Patriots don’t let their jerseys out often and that the players would not be the ones donating them as they are not permitted to keep their jerseys.

I hope you find a match for your sake, I would be curious is no evidence can support the NFL auctions claim that is was “game worn” by Brady would they issue a refund?

Mulligans
09-23-2010, 11:03 AM
WOW........If you had won the Jersey and found out it was Game Worn and unwashed.....I would have said....... Congratulations?:)

clinton2828
09-23-2010, 11:09 AM
but you are the only one that is confirming it is "game worn" when the photos and circumstances are not supportive of that. that is not my opinion or view of things , that is just what the photographic evidence is showing.

I am still curious if they will issue you a refund if no photos support the NFL’s claim.

Mulligans
09-23-2010, 11:14 AM
OMG :confused:

clinton2828
09-23-2010, 11:19 AM
No one is attacking you personally, some on this board are disappointed that the NFL would represent the jersey as something it is NOT. Look back on all your own statements on this thread: How in the world can you now say that is the “game worn” that contradictions all your prior statements.
“WOW......Very happy to say that I was outbid!

Chris....I may just email your photos to Scott Miller at NFL auctions unless you want to?”

“No......These are different Jerseys!!!! Too Freaking Funny! The Jersey is tagged 2010. That only leaves one possible explanation...... He wore it at home on his coach when he was watching the video of one of the preseason games this year!

Does anyone else find this insulting?”

clinton2828
09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
did the jersey you get match the one in the photo? with the mis located logo? maybe they sent you the jersey that he wore this past week against the jets?

listen i hope it is real, but i don’t like if that is what they nfl did by misrepresenting an item.

bambelbitz
09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
First of all Mulligans congratulations on your Tom Brady Jersey. Game Used or Game Issued or none of the above, it does not matter as long as you are convinced and happy with your decision to buy it.

Nonetheless, Mulligans you have to understand the other users in this thread. They are not questioning your choice to buy the jersey but they just want to solve this mystery. You have to agree, it all seems a little bit suspicious. First they (NFL Auctions) say that it is from a preseason game, then after being made aware of the fact that in no preseason game this jersey was indeed worn by Brady (by comparing game photos with their photos on the auction site and discovering major differences) they say that it was game worn in a Patriots Game.

If you can get footage of all Patriots Games, go through them and make sure you made the right choice. If you buy a Game Used jersey you should get a game used and nothing less.

beantown
09-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Would love to see the jersey.....can you post some pictures of it?

spartanservitto
09-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Would love to see the jersey.....can you post some pictures of it?

I second this, I want to know if the shield is stitched over, or is it just an overlap. NFL auctions would be in trouble if it is, I looked at the preseason jerseys, its not sewn over.

-Tony

clinton2828
10-07-2010, 03:00 PM
i am getting the feeling they shipped the jersey with the wrong patch location.

MLB_Authentic
10-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I am getting the feeling he really doesnt care what you guys think. If hes happy with it, thats all that matters.

i am getting the feeling they shipped the jersey with the wrong patch location.

clinton2828
10-07-2010, 09:58 PM
mlb,

we understand that but many people here spend big bucks on nfl auctions and want to be sure what we are getting is the real deal and that no fake items enter the market. that is why this forum is here to share info and keeep the industry honest.

Lokee
10-07-2010, 10:27 PM
If everyone is concerned email Mulligans and ask him. His email is in his post.

clinton2828
10-07-2010, 10:42 PM
good point, he stated he would post the pics but decided not to, seemed to be suggesting the jersey was the exact one in the photo. everyone wants the jersey to be real, but as a collector who buys alot of game worn nfl jerseys we dont want to see bad jerseys eneter the market. hell if it turn out that it is the one in the pic i hope the nfl refunds his money.

legaleagle92481
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
good point, he stated he would post the pics but decided not to, seemed to be suggesting the jersey was the exact one in the photo. everyone wants the jersey to be real, but as a collector who buys alot of game worn nfl jerseys we dont want to see bad jerseys eneter the market. hell if it turn out that it is the one in the pic i hope the nfl refunds his money.

Well you guys are overly sympathetic. He was one of the main ones talking about the one in the picture and how "bad" it was. At one point he stated he was "glad he got outbid" while the auction was ongoing and before they cancelled the bids. If he then turned around and tossed 1,000s into it it is his hard luck and at least the money went to a good cause. Bad jerseys enter the market constantly and if that is the case with this one there is noone to blame but the purchaser and the underbidders most of whom likely saw the discussion on here if noone had bid then the item would not have entered the marketplace. I honestly cannot figure out what his angle was here.

clinton2828
10-09-2010, 09:25 AM
legal,

all good points on your behalf.

the only thing i can think of was that when they changed the title to say "TOM BRADY GAME WORN JERSEY"

Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund

maybe the nfl realized the jersey in the pic was not game worn in the 2010 preseason they then went back to the pats and tom to get a real one and just used that only as a stock photo.

mulligans, may have been thinking what i was and that was hell, take a chance and win the item (cheap $7,000 imo), maybe they will send me/him a jersey from the first couple weeks of the seasons; he did state he got the jersey shortly after the jets game; so he could have worn it in that game, if the jersey was from that game great !

if not and he got the jersey in the picture (which photo evidence shows it was NEVER worn by tom in 2010) send the nfl the photo evidence, ask for a refund, and notify your credit card company.

if all else fails with those option which i don’t think it would you could simply file a civil suit against the nfl asking for your money back, if it ever went to court it would be a slam dunk, you would win (case similar to the ripken st pats jersey with gfc a while back.)

This is obviously a lot of speculation on my end but this is just what I was thinking myself and seems to be the only logical line of thinking that could have been taken in this case.

I still would love for mulligans to post photos either way to end the mystery.

legaleagle92481
10-10-2010, 05:18 PM
legal,

all good points on your behalf.

the only thing i can think of was that when they changed the title to say "TOM BRADY GAME WORN JERSEY"

Game jersey worn by Tom Brady during a Patriots Game. Jersey was donated directly from Tom Brady to help with the Gulf Coast Renewal Fund

maybe the nfl realized the jersey in the pic was not game worn in the 2010 preseason they then went back to the pats and tom to get a real one and just used that only as a stock photo.

mulligans, may have been thinking what i was and that was hell, take a chance and win the item (cheap $7,000 imo), maybe they will send me/him a jersey from the first couple weeks of the seasons; he did state he got the jersey shortly after the jets game; so he could have worn it in that game, if the jersey was from that game great !

if not and he got the jersey in the picture (which photo evidence shows it was NEVER worn by tom in 2010) send the nfl the photo evidence, ask for a refund, and notify your credit card company.

if all else fails with those option which i don’t think it would you could simply file a civil suit against the nfl asking for your money back, if it ever went to court it would be a slam dunk, you would win (case similar to the ripken st pats jersey with gfc a while back.)

This is obviously a lot of speculation on my end but this is just what I was thinking myself and seems to be the only logical line of thinking that could have been taken in this case.

I still would love for mulligans to post photos either way to end the mystery.

Good points, anything under 10 grand is an absolute steal for Brady. Mulligans knows what he is doing he is a very, very intelligent and successful individual not to mention a super nice guy from what I have seen and he has an amazing collection. By far one of the best if not the best NFL collection I have ever seen. He may have known something the rest of us did not he wins alot of their auctions so he may have had a contact there that shed light on it beyond the description that made him comfortable bidding.

I just wanted to comment on the remedies you mentioned though in general because I think it is educational for everyone. Bidding on an item that one finds possibly questionable thinking oh well if after I get it I determine I can't photomatch it or otherwise determine it is fake I can return it is a recipe for disaster. Sending photos won't get you a refund because unless you have pics of every offensive snap during the season whos to say he did not wear the jersey? Odds are the NFL donated the $ to charity and cannot get it back. The league is not going to be out the money easily. Unlike a case where the item was misdescribed i.e. the jamal lewis jersey from last year that was originally listed as gu when he did not dress for the game it was purported to be used in the buyer would not have an open and shut case. GFC auctions cannot be compared because GFC relies on opinions and generally does not get their items from first parties. If Tom or someone who works for the Pats who procured the jersey are willing to sign an affdavit or testify that Tom wore the jersey in question that will be hard to disprove without pics of every snap and then even how can one say he did not change into it on the sideline and wear it at the end of a game and never took the field in it? even if the buyer wins hes out his legal fees as a court would never afford them in a case like this. generally they are next to impossible to get. and if a lawyer has to go to court it will cost a pretty penny.

clinton2828
10-14-2010, 09:47 PM
from what i hear mulligans is a smart man, i am just suprised he has not put this issue to rest.

Mulligans
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Clinton…..I am not sure what you are looking for to put this to rest.

I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?

I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?

I originally thought the Jersey might be questionable, as did many of us until I did my homework.

Before bidding, I spoke to the NFL in detail about this Jersey and its origination.

I contacted the Pats and they further reinforced the claim that it was Brady’s Jersey.

After doing my homework, I felt extremely comfortable bidding on the Jersey and I am very happy with my purchase. Isn’t that enough? It is for me!

CollectGU
10-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Clinton…..I am not sure what you are looking for to put this to rest.

I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?

I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?

I originally thought the Jersey might be questionable, as did many of us until I did my homework.

Before bidding, I spoke to the NFL in detail about this Jersey and its origination.

I contacted the Pats and they further reinforced the claim that it was Brady’s Jersey.

After doing my homework, I felt extremely comfortable bidding on the Jersey and I am very happy with my purchase. Isn’t that enough? It is for me!

I think we would all line to know what made your comfortable while doing the homework on the jersey? What game did your research indicate it was worn in? Are there any distinguidhing marks or charcteristics that could be picked up on in a video of the game because I know a few contacts that actually have dvd copies if all the pats games over the last few years.

what were you told exactly from the NFL and the Patriots that made you comfortable?

Thanks,
Dave

Mulligans
10-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Dave....Thank you for being Civilized with your question.
Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.

To answer your question.......Some of it I had to take as Gospel, some of it was my own due dilligence…….

The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.

When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.

I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!

To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!

I imagine that there will still be doubters just the same, but at least I will be happy!:)

clinton2828
10-16-2010, 09:33 AM
“I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?”

Wait no one said anything about fabricating any story we all took you at your word. What did we have to go on otherwise? Personally I never ask for one.

“I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?”
Actually I did get back and get tapes from both preseason games and it shows the same evidence. Plus Brady only played the first half in one game and a couple snaps on the other so to say he changed jerseys on the sidelines would be very strange to say the least. If he did go back to the locker room just to change jerseys that would make less sense.
“Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.”
No one is being negative we are just being practical when looking at the facts of the case, hell you posted your doubts and even stated you retracted your own bid !
“The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.”

We agree with this sentiment as to why there may have been in a mix up on Brady and the NFLs end.

“When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.”
That statement most people agree with that you can’t be 100% sure; but the photos from the games are very clear, this would also say that he would have changed jerseys on the sidelines since he did not play the second half in those game would not make much sense.

“I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!”
Not for nothing on your website you photo match ALL the jersey you have listed photos of so I don’t know how you can make this statement.
“To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!”
Why if you were confident it was worn by Tom would you feel the need in a round about way to send it back to have him “wear it again”. That does not make any sense.
Everyone is happy for you that he will finally ware the jersey for your own sake. But to claim he wore this jersey at any point in the 2010 season from this day back with be contradictory to everything you claimed and what photo evidence has supported.
Lastly, this is not personal no one is attacking you personally everyone is more upset at the NFL for listing an item as “game worn” that had to be sent back to be “worn” . I would expect great diligence on the NFL’s part.

clinton2828
10-16-2010, 09:45 AM
can an admin delte my prior post due to format error.

“I told you I received the Jersey and it was unwashed….you accused me of fabricating the story? Why do I owe you an explanation if you think I am lying?”

Wait no one said anything about fabricating any story we all took you at your word. What did we have to go on otherwise? Personally I never ask for one.

“I have the Jersey in my hands and tell you it is unwashed and you tell me it can’t be because you pulled ˝ dozen images off of Getty and none of them match? Did you watch the game films of both games? Did you ever consider the fact that Tom could have worn 2 Jerseys during the games?”

Actually I did get back and get tapes from both preseason games and it shows the same evidence. Plus Brady only played the first half in one game and a couple snaps on the other so to say he changed jerseys on the sidelines would be very strange to say the least. If he did go back to the locker room just to change jerseys that would make less sense.

“Sometimes the negativity on the Forum gets crazy.”

No one is being negative we are just being practical when looking at the facts of the case, hell you posted your doubts and even stated you retracted your own bid !

“The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.”

We agree with this sentiment as to why there may have been in a mix up on Brady and the NFLs end.

“When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.”

That statement most people agree with that you can’t be 100% sure; but the photos from the games are very clear, this would also say that he would have changed jerseys on the sidelines since he did not play the second half in those game would not make much sense.

“I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!”

Not for nothing on your website you photo match ALL the jersey you have listed photos of so I don’t know how you can make this statement.

“To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!”

Why if you were confident it was worn by Tom would you feel the need in a round about way to send it back to have him “wear it again”. That does not make any sense.

Everyone is happy for you that he will finally ware the jersey for your own sake. But to claim he wore this jersey at any point in the 2010 season from this day back with be contradictory to everything you claimed and what photo evidence has supported.

Lastly, this is not personal no one is attacking you personally everyone is more upset at the NFL for listing an item as “game worn” that had to be sent back to be “worn” . I would expect for diligence on the NFL’s part

Mulligans
10-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Like Bill OReilly says......"You get the last word."

Can we consider this done?

If you or anyone else wants to contact me directly to discuss the Jersey, I would be happy to chat.:)

CollectGU
10-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Mulligans,

Thanks for the reply. Wow, Brady has agreed to wea your jersey in a game and return it? Knowing this, that will become one of the nicest game worn Brady jerseys in the marketplace...amazing. Gongratulations. I hope he is knocked down a few times so you can get some distinguishing marks and phot match it.

Best,
Dave

platinum1
10-16-2010, 01:08 PM

To answer your question.......Some of it I had to take as Gospel, some of it was my own due dilligence…….

The NFL was obviously only quoting what Tom was telling them. The Pats were probably only quoting what Tom was telling them too. The teams are not into photo matching or anything like that so they were taking Tom’s word on it. Contrary to what people felt, Tom actually got the Jersey himself and mailed it directly to the NFL.

When I got the Jersey and it showed that it was worn (just the odor, no distinguishing marks), I was less concerned about it. I ordered the videos of both games expecting to “see the light”, but the videos were tough to focus on the small patch. Most were inconclusive, but some were close. It was still just too tough to tell with 100% certainty.

I own over 100 great football Jerseys and I have only been able to match about 1% of them. It doesn’t stop me from collecting and It does not really bother me too much because they are mine and I enjoy them either way!

To make a long story short, the Jersey has since been washed and is presently hanging in Tom’s locker in Foxboro. My contact at the Pats has assured me that Tom will wear my Jersey on this Sunday against the Ravens or in 5 weeks when the Pats wear blue again and then it will be returned to me unwashed. I do not think that it was necessary to wear it again, but who wouldn’t take advantage of this type of opportunity!

I imagine that there will still be doubters just the same, but at least I will be happy!:)
WOW!! Very Nice
You are going to have a very nice jersey and congrats.
Now I hope Brady gets sacked 5 times and leaves blood marks all over the jersey but passes for 400 YDS and 5 TD's on a come from behind win in the last seconds. ;)

mdube16
10-16-2010, 04:10 PM
What an awesome end to this thread. Pleeease post pics when you get it back.

clinton2828
10-17-2010, 02:35 PM
mulligans,

here is the proof

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/photos?gameId=301017017&photoId=902323

your jersey is being worn today ! congrads !

i never said you were not telling the truth it was just very
suprising the jersey had to be sent back to be worn. all is null at this point you got a great jersey on your hands !

Fnazxc0114
10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Mulligans it would be awesome if you keep the information requested to yourself. Collectgu maybe try changing your tone, mulligans doesnt owe you crap.

clinton2828
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Mulligans it would be awesome if you keep the information requested to yourself. Collectgu maybe try changing your tone, mulligans doesnt owe you crap.

collect and even myself are not trying to change anyones tone. lets be real here if mulligans did not point this out to the nfl or send the jersey back ! someone would have paid for a game worn jersey that was NOT worn!

nfl made a mistake ! thats a fact.

CollectGU
10-17-2010, 04:47 PM

What are you talking about? I have no problems with Mulligans, just asked some questions which in his own words were "civilized" and then proceeded to congratulate him on his jersey and the great story behind it. So relax there richard...

TOYOTATruck07
12-26-2013, 07:50 PM

I apologize if this is seen as an unnecessary bump to the thread, but I'm interested where Mulligans is ordering the videos of games as mentioned in his post.

Thanks,
Seth

Phil316
12-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Seth,

I wish Jeff aka Sullivan's was here to answer your question but he passed away earlier this year.

Phil316
12-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Sorry I meant mulligans.

JDubbs73
12-27-2013, 11:49 AM
I apologize if this is seen as an unnecessary bump to the thread, but I'm interested where Mulligans is ordering the videos of games as mentioned in his post.
Hey Seth. I recall some of Jeff's screen prints from game footage. I believe he was using Game Rewind on NFL.com. They offer different price packages and go back as far as 2009. Would seem to fit with the jersey in question on this thread.