PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Vida Blue today!

Vintagedeputy
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
The Richmond Flying Squirrels are going to have Vida Blue throw out the first pitch and sign autos today. I've already dug out a pile of stuff to try to get signed (for the kids, of course). :)

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/2010/09/02/gK7X5mqM.jpg

Dewey2007
09-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I remember going to an event where Blue was signing and he was strict about signing only one item. Not sure if that was his policy or the promoters but I asked him to sign one additional card and he wouldn't do it. Good luck!

EurekaDave
09-03-2010, 12:33 PM
I met him at a meet and greet at Spring Training. He's wonderful and funny man. Great sense of humor. I saw him coming and asked him to sign something. He said, "You don't even know who I am." And I didn't. Great, great guy!!!

Vintagedeputy
09-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I met him one time before as well. He was doing some promo thing in Nashville at the baseball winter meetings.

eisenreich8
09-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Have a great time! We saw our first game at The Diamond on July 2 and had a blast. Had my eye on the two Erie staff (Nevin and Burris) to sign (for my kids) but just managed to get Ross Grimsley.....what a great park and a huge time we had.

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Vida was as cordial as a man could be! He threw out the 1st pitch and still looked like he had the stuff at age 61.

I brought 4 cards and a bunch of photos that I was able to print out on my laser printer. We were limited to one auto per person so I let everyone in the family pick their item. My son got the only card signed, a 1987 Topps and the rest of us got these photos signed.

Mark17
09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
When the A's took over from the Twins as the best team in the AL West in 1971, Vida Blue was the next thing to Sandy Koufax. I remember going to see him pitch. Man, he was good!