PDA

View Full Version : Help With Tino Bat/Autos

yanks12025
09-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if someone here might recognize any of these autographs. I know this should probally go in the autograph section but it's on a game used bat and learning the autographs could lead to finding out who used the bat. The bat is a Tino Martinez Yankee bat, i believe it's from either 2002 or 05(yankee years). Mears believes the bat was used in winter ball because Venezuela is under one of the autographs. Thanks for any help.

suave1477
09-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Very strange, yes interesting bat. The only name I could make out in the autos was "Anthony Morgan"

Here is some history on him.

As a senior, had 58 rushes for 1,162 yards and 18 touchdowns and caught 17 passes for 543 yards and nine scores ... Also returned six kickoffs for 244 yards and two scores and returned five punts for 203 yards and two touchdowns ... Defensively as a senior, had 48 solo tackles, nine sacks, two interceptions and a fumble recovery ... As a junior, rushed for 1,604 yards on 167 carries with 18 touchdowns, and had 11 catches for 173 yards and four scores ... Completed 8-of-12 passing for 127 yards with four touchdowns during junior season ... Also returned five kickoffs for 158 yards and a touchdown and 11 punts for 432 yards and three scores as a junior ... Defensively during his junior season, had 37 solo tackles, five interceptions including one returned for a score and two fumble recoveries ... Named to the Class 1A All-State team by the Alabama Sports Writers Association as a senior ... As a junior, named honorable mention all-state ... Ranked 39th nationally among all-purpose backs and 30th on the Alabama Postseason Top 40 by Rivals.com ... Listed as the nation's No. 191 athlete by ESPN.com/Scouts, Inc. ... Also an Alabama All-Star in baseball.

As you can see I bolded where it menions he played baseball also. He was the only Anthony Morgan which I could link to baseball. Which would make sense for him to be in Winter League.

But it seems more likely now he is pursuing a Football career.

Can you post pictures of the Tino knob? I am more willing to bet unless the knob fits the characteristic of Tino that someone either just took a Tino Game Used bat and had it autographed by a completely different team because maybe they had nothing else for the team sign or maybe Tino might not even have used this bat.
If this was Tinos bat and had the whole team sign it I am quite sure you would see Tino's autograph on it.

yanks12025
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
There's an 84 on the knob. I know the bat wasn't used by Tino at all, still a Tino issued bat. Thanks

suave1477
09-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Well your first clue is Anthony Morgan. I would try to do as much bacground researching as you can on him and where he has played. That would be a good starting point and see where this is a possible bat from

bronx_burner
09-03-2010, 11:13 PM
A little guesswork and some research and I believe the team that signed this bat is the 2002 Kannapolis Intimidators, Class A affiliate of the White Sox. The names I think I can match from the pictures included are Anthony Monegan, Andrew Fryson, Eric Storey, Craig Szado, Michael Spidale, Darren Ciraco and Gustavo Molina (I believe he is the one with Venezuela below). Only three players from this team have had any time in the majors, Molina being one of them (currently in the Red Sox minor league system). The other 2 (if they are even on the bat) are Jeremy Reed (currently back in the White Sox minor league system) and Mike Morse (currently with the Nats). How they wound up with a Tino bat though is anyone's guess...

yanks12025
09-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Thank you very much bronx_burner and also you suave.

Dach0sen0ne
09-04-2010, 01:50 PM
A little guesswork and some research and I believe the team that signed this bat is the 2002 Kannapolis Intimidators, Class A affiliate of the White Sox. The names I think I can match from the pictures included are Anthony Monegan, Andrew Fryson, Eric Storey, Craig Szado, Michael Spidale, Darren Ciraco and Gustavo Molina (I believe he is the one with Venezuela below). Only three players from this team have had any time in the majors, Molina being one of them (currently in the Red Sox minor league system). The other 2 (if they are even on the bat) are Jeremy Reed (currently back in the White Sox minor league system) and Mike Morse (currently with the Nats). How they wound up with a Tino bat though is anyone's guess...

WOW, awesome work.:D