PDA

View Full Version : Question about storing bats in tubes

spartakid
08-27-2010, 08:33 PM
So I out my bats in the clear uv tubes and have them on racks on my wall. I use some plastic and fold it up and put in in either end of the tube if the bat is too small, so that the bat fits tightly into the tube. My question is: Is is okay to use the plasic wrap to hold a bat in place in the tube when the bat has a number on the knob? I don't touch the bats often, so they aren't moving against the plastic, but I was wondering if this could cause the number on the knob to fade? Perhaps people can provide examples of what they do to hold bats in tubes.

Thank you, Ricardo

yankees506
08-27-2010, 11:06 PM
i do the same, never had an issue, i doubt you could rub it off by hand let alone plastic just touching it....

geoff
08-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Never had A Issue At All.Most of my Bats are in Tubes And have been For Years Now.

spartakid
08-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Ok, thanks guys. Maybe I was just being a little paranoid :)

zooat2
08-28-2010, 07:54 PM
- Are tubes really that neccessary if you store them in a cool, dry basement that gets no sunlight? I've been wrestling w/ this question for a while..

spartakid
08-28-2010, 09:07 PM
- Are tubes really that neccessary if you store them in a cool, dry basement that gets no sunlight? I've been wrestling w/ this question for a while..

Probably not for protecting from sunlight, but I think it makes displaying them look a little neater and organized. Another benefit is that no dust will accumulate on the bat, which is especially bad if the bat has tar on it, because it would be virtually impossible to get dust off sticky tar.