PDA

View Full Version : Game Used World Series Cap Question

zooat2
08-25-2010, 12:02 PM
- I purchased a Phil Coke GU WS Cap from Steiner, its authenticated to Game 6. My question is, what happens to the caps in the midst of the wild celebrating? Is someone in charge of collecting all of them and then authenticating them?

- Thanks guys!

joelsabi
08-25-2010, 12:16 PM
- I purchased a Phil Coke GU WS Cap from Steiner, its authenticated to Game 6. My question is, what happens to the caps in the midst of the wild celebrating? Is someone in charge of collecting all of them and then authenticating them?

- Thanks guys!

what is the MLB hologram #?

someone must have been collecting the caps from the players at the same time giving them championship logo caps that they wore at the trophy celebration stand.

zooat2
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
what is the MLB hologram #?

someone must have been collecting the caps from the players at the same time giving them championship logo caps that they wore at the trophy celebration stand.

LH729445

- Dont tell me you have it as well? :eek:

joelsabi
08-25-2010, 02:11 PM
not sure how they were collected but only 14 people decided not to keep their caps. its wasnt a one WS cap for one Championship caps exchange. Not sure if it was collected here by a different person than who was passing our the championship caps which is a possibility or collected in the lockerroom later. Look at Pettite celebrating with both caps on.

zooat2
08-25-2010, 02:33 PM
not sure how they were collected but only 14 people decided not to keep their caps. its wasnt a one WS cap for one Championship caps exchange. Not sure if it was collected here by a different person than who was passing our the championship caps which is a possibility or collected in the lockerroom later. Look at Pettite celebrating with both caps on.

- Thanks Joel!

- ONLY 14 of them didn't keep their caps? wow! How did you know that?

tigerdale
08-26-2010, 11:08 AM
anxious to see photos...I came close to buying that hat a couple weeks back....hope you got a good deal!!

zooat2
08-26-2010, 11:30 AM
anxious to see photos...I came close to buying that hat a couple weeks back....hope you got a good deal!!

Yes, I got a great deal! I couldn't be happier considering that these hats are few and far between.....

Will post later today...

zooat2
08-31-2010, 09:04 PM
- Some pics as promised...not sure if you can tell but the cap is pretty banged up especially the back logo, very dirty...

Ollie
08-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Wow that is awesome zooat2. Wouldn't mind one of those myself! Just picked up from ShafranCollectibles a GU World Series jersey worn by Mike Harkey and a WS Rob Thomson locker name plate to go with my Melky playoffs Hoody. Would love a cap to complete that set!

tigerdale
09-01-2010, 05:57 AM
awesome hat!!!

zooat2
09-01-2010, 08:53 AM
- Thanks guys!...

joelsabi
09-01-2010, 09:45 AM
- Thanks Joel!

- ONLY 14 of them didn't keep their caps? wow! How did you know that?

Saying 14 players didn't keep their caps is an inaccurate statement by me. A more accurate statement is 14 player hats were hologrammed. I have no idea their system they used for accumulating the caps that were hologrammed. Something that is hologrammed does not necessarily mean it goes directly to Steiner also so a player may have kept the cap to do as they please(ie. sell it or keep for themselves).

I saw a video with Nick Swisher doing a summersault and then throwing his cap on the ground before returning back to the celebration. Later some dude in a red jacket picks up the cap. In the photo, you will notice more caps on the ground. But I started thinking and checked to see if his Swisher's cap was one of the 14 caps hologrammed and it was not.

Notice the man in red collecting the caps and the other caps on the ground. (John Madden like markup job on the photo)

So to answer your original question. The man in red collected the caps but it had nothing to do with authetication process.

The caps were autheticated not in the onfield session called 2009 WORLD SERIES GAME 6 PHI AT NYY but rather in a session described as YANKEE WS CELEBRATION held in the lockerrooom.

zooat2
09-01-2010, 11:17 AM
- I actually emailed my Steiner rep and he said they only got 13 player caps, plus Long's and Nady's.

xpress34
09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Not MLB Hologramed, but Rockies Certified w/ LOA and then PERSONALLY Certified and Inscribed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/Holliday07WSGUCap.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/Holliday07WSGUCapAU.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Me%20and/Holliday3.jpg

Matt has always been gracious to me when getting stuff signed...

And I also have this one of Seth Smith's :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/Smith07GUWSCap.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/Smith07GUWSCapAU.jpg

And I have Jason Hirsh's hat he wore during the series while sitting on the bench...

- Chris