PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens GU

Mulligans
08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I picked up the Roger Clemens ALDS GU Base from Steiner's Big GUU promotion. It is signed "Last Start 2007"....Which I assume is his last start of his career?

Do you think the base and other Clemens GU items will be worth more or less in the future considering his current predicament?

You could argue that he may not make it to the HOF all to soon, but you could also argue that he won't be around for awhile to sign items???

I would love to hear folks opinions......which I'm sure there are many.

cliffjmp33
08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I remember seeing that base when Steiner had it for sale and thought similarly, so nice pick up no matter what occurs. And I think your item is a bit unique as it was his last game, so I think that may factor into what happens as far as Clemens memorabilia goes.

As for Clemens memorabilia, there will always be someone who wants it as with anyone, but I'd assume it will take a dip over the next short while just based on the public opinion that thinks he likely used PEDs and want to distance from that.

And if he is convicted, what does one serve time wise? 10 years? If so, he'd still get out and be able to do signings I'd assume. If he gets convicted, I don't see a HoF plaque in his near future. Irony of ironies is he gets elected to the HoF while he is serving a sentence in jail.

It's a shame either way as he was a HoF pitcher IMO.

coxfan
08-24-2010, 06:52 AM
I think sentencing guidelines would give him a much shorter sentence; maybe 1.5 years or less. His refusal to accept a plea bargain, if it doesn't change, might put him at more risk for time, but I doubt it will be a very long sentence, if at all.

I wouldn't count on him to stop signing autographs, regardless. He was signing a bunch of them just a few days ago, at a game his son was in. Pete Rose has been signing for years, partly to help pay his legal costs.

legaleagle92481
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
The max he faces is 18 months. As a first time offender he will probably get a Martha Stewart type sentenace of a couple of months in a country club prision.

Linkinph1088
08-25-2010, 09:50 PM
I think sentencing guidelines would give him a much shorter sentence; maybe 1.5 years or less. His refusal to accept a plea bargain, if it doesn't change, might put him at more risk for time, but I doubt it will be a very long sentence, if at all.

I wouldn't count on him to stop signing autographs, regardless. He was signing a bunch of them just a few days ago, at a game his son was in. Pete Rose has been signing for years, partly to help pay his legal costs.

I absolutely agree with u. There is a small hint behind the ball