PDA

View Full Version : Rawlings Display 'Stitch' Ball

xpress34
08-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey all!

Just going through some stuff in some boxes and came across a partial case of these 'Stitch' baseballs we use to use at the 'Making the Game' booth to show how baseballs are made as we finished stitching them up.

They are Official MLB Balls with about 3/4ths of the stitching done so you can see the core, the needles and the thread.

I have 9 of these left and am offering them here 1st to board members for $35 ea DLVD.

If I don't sell out of these quickly here, I ill be putting them on eBay and CL at $50 each.

They are a great unique addition to your collection and definately a great conversation starter...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/DSC05186.jpg

Let me know!!!

All the best -

Chris
xpress34 @ comcast . net

Reid9843
08-22-2010, 07:49 PM
shoot me a email. reid_southerland@hotmail.com

xpress34
08-22-2010, 07:51 PM
shoot me a email. reid_southerland@hotmail.com

eMail sent.

- Chris

xpress34
08-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Just an FYI -

I use to have 3 cases of these and blew through 2 of them at abt $40 each 2 years ago at a Sports Card show here.

- Chris

joelsabi
08-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey all!

Just going through some stuff in some boxes and came across a partial case of these 'Stitch' baseballs we use to use at the 'Making the Game' booth to show how baseballs are made as we finished stitching them up.

They are Official MLB Balls with about 3/4ths of the stitching done so you can see the core, the needles and the thread.

I have 9 of these left and am offering them here 1st to board members for $35 ea DLVD.

If I don't sell out of these quickly here, I ill be putting them on eBay and CL at $50 each.

They are a great unique addition to your collection and definately a great conversation starter...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/DSC05186.jpg

Let me know!!!

All the best -

Chris
xpress34 @ comcast . net

Chris,

Where did you set up this "Making the Game" booth. You have any other props?

xpress34
08-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Chris,

Where did you set up this "Making the Game" booth. You have any other props?

Joel -

It was at Coors Field from 2004 to 2007. After K2 bought Rawlings, they decide it wasn't a worthwhile venture and closed them all.

They were at Coors Field, Dodgers, Padres, Angels, Texas, St Louis, Boston, Cleveland and Chicago (AL) I believe.

I was we could have kept more - the stitching chair, the Giant Glove chair, the Gold Glove mock up...

These are all I have left.

- Chris

xpress34
08-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Should read: 'I WISH we could have kept more...'

- Chris

island_style
08-23-2010, 05:13 AM
Chris,

Sent you an e-mail.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

xpress34
08-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Ron -

eMail responded to.

Thanks!!

- Chris

D. Broughman
08-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Thought you might like to see this old Clamp Saddle they use to use to hold the baseball when they made them in the early days:D

gnishiyama
08-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Chris,
I just sent you an email.
Thanks
Goh Nishiyama
gnishiyama@gmail.com

joelsabi
08-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Chris I sent you a PM

rwoodsbats
08-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Chris,
I sent you an e-mail! Thanks much!

xpress34
08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Thought you might like to see this old Clamp Saddle they use to use to hold the baseball when they made them in the early days:D

VERY COOL!!!

Now, the seat is a much more comfortable 'modified' Desk Chair on a stand with a clamp that seats the ball easier for quick release and turning.

- Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Chris,
I just sent you an email.
Thanks
Goh Nishiyama
gnishiyama@gmail.com

Goh -

eMail responded to.

- Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Chris I sent you a PM

PM responded to.

- Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Chris,
I sent you an e-mail! Thanks much!

Ryan -

eMail responded to.

- Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 12:51 PM
WOW!!!

Overwhelming response!!!

If everyone who has already asked or said they want one pays (three have been paid for already), then I ONLY have 2 left for sale as of this writing.

It is 11:45am in Denver, CO (MDT) and I am heading back out to work.

I will follow up (in order) with any further inquiries.

A few people have asked questions but not committed to buying yet, I have included you in the '7' I am expecting are sold, but if I get serious inquires and offers before the day is out without hearing from you, I will be moving these balls.

Just being honest and upfront here.

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
1 LEFT if everyone follows through with payment/making commitment!!!

I will update this evening when back from work.

All the best -

Chris

tilley72
08-23-2010, 01:05 PM
E-Mail sent.

-Andrew

xpress34
08-23-2010, 01:10 PM
E-Mail sent.

-Andrew

Andrew -

eMail responded to.

- Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 01:11 PM
DONE!!!

The last one was committed to and I have a standing offer for whatever doesn't get committed to or paid for at the end of the day.

So if you sent an inquiry already, PLEASE let me know if you are committing to buying it or they will be gone.

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
08-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Okay -

Just got home from work and here's what I have so far:

Goh Nishiyama - 3 balls (PAID)
Ryan Woods - 1 ball (PAID)
Ron Samiano - 1 ball (PAID)
John Lind - 1 ball (PAID)
Joel Sabalza - 1 ball (Pending)
Andrew Tilley - 1 ball (Pending)
Troy Kinunen - 1 ball (Pending)

That's all 9 guys!

I will search my stuff to see if I have any more, but I think that's it! I contacted my buddy who worked at Rawlings with me and he no longer has any left either, so these are it!

Thanks to the buyers who have committed/purchased these balls!

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
08-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Goh Nishiyama - 3 balls (PAID)
Ryan Woods - 1 ball (PAID)
Ron Samiano - 1 ball (PAID)
John Lind - 1 ball (PAID)
Joel Sabalza - 1 ball (Pending)
Andrew Tilley - 1 ball (PAID)
Troy Kinunen - 1 ball (PAID)

Except for Joel (Pending) and Andrew (Just got Payment), the rest shipped today @ 12:08:41 MDT via 1st Class Parcel Post from Eastlake, CO.

Please let me know when they arrive.

All the best -

Chris

joelsabi
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Except for Joel (Pending) and Andrew (Just got Payment), the rest shipped today @ 12:08:41 MDT via 1st Class Parcel Post from Eastlake, CO.

All the best -

Chris

Payment sent. Thanks Chris.

xpress34
08-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Joel and Andrew's stitch balls hipped today @ 16:47:01 MDT via 1st Class Parcel Post form the Downtown Denver Station.

All the best -

Chris

xpress34
08-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Payment sent. Thanks Chris.

Joel -

Thank you!!!

All of the balls have now been paid for and shipped out to their respective buyers.

- Chris

emann
08-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Mine arrived, it's awesome, thanks Chris.

Quick question: How exactly were these displayed originally with the stitching? Was the thread wrapped around the needles or sort of loose and hanging off (wanted to set it up to best show the process).

xpress34
08-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Mine arrived, it's awesome, thanks Chris.

Quick question: How exactly were these displayed originally with the stitching? Was the thread wrapped around the needles or sort of loose and hanging off (wanted to set it up to best show the process).

Just like it came.

When we were ready to show how to stitch a ball, we pulled the needles, unwrapped the threads and wrapped damp sponges over the unstitched leather to make it soft and pliable.

Then we put them in the clamp on the chair and started the stitching process...

All the best -

Chris

P.S. I bought a silver napkin ring at Cost Plus and just et the ball in it to display it!

island_style
08-28-2010, 04:30 AM
Chris,

My Rawlings Display 'Stitch' baseball arrived today, and it is great! It is visually stunning and will make for a great conversation piece. Also, you did a fantastic job of using a foam pad to reduce the risk of possibly touching the needles while removing the baseball out of the box. Thank you for that consideration!

I hope the other lucky Forum members are just as pleased with their baseball as I am.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

rwoodsbats
08-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Chris,

I got the ball and it is awesome! Thank you so much for the great communication, fast shipping and safe packing job. As exicted as I was to get it I'm sure I would have put a needle into my hand if it wasn't for the extra packing! Thank you again!

Best
Ryan

SteelCity
08-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I found of a video of a Rawlings staffer stitching a baseball. I believe these are the same demo balls that were offered here. It can be found at the bottom of our most recent post (http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/main/).

Also a few more pics of one that came direct from Rawlings corporate, and an awesome video on how they're made.

By the way, it's great that these were made available for sale on this forum. I don't know when you'd see one of these again. This is the first time I've seen one offered.

xpress34
08-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I found of a video of a Rawlings staffer stitching a baseball. I believe these are the same demo balls that were offered here. It can be found at the bottom of our most recent post (http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/main/).

Also a few more pics of one that came direct from Rawlings corporate, and an awesome video on how they're made.

By the way, it's great that these were made available for sale on this forum. I don't know when you'd see one of these again. This is the first time I've seen one offered.

The chair that the kid in the Green Shirt is using is what we used and how we did it.

Thanks for the great video find!

I'm glad everyone has been pleased with their balls so far... now (since they sold so fast) everyone is saying I should have asked for more $$ per ball!!!

I thought (and still think) $35 ea DLVD was a very fair price and I'm just glad they all went to good homes...

All the best -

Chris

jobathenut
08-29-2010, 12:36 AM
I am just amazed sometime's at the things that sell great on here.But i am happy for you XPRESS-:)

xpress34
08-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Thanks to all the buyers!!!

Your purchases paid for my GU Eric Young Jr Jersey!!!

That's the way it' supposed to work isn't it??? Sell something to buy something... ;)

All the best -

Chris

jobathenut
08-31-2010, 01:49 AM
I would not know my friend.As i am still trying to make my first sale on here.:rolleyes:
Thanks to all the buyers!!!

Your purchases paid for my GU Eric Young Jr Jersey!!!

That's the way it' supposed to work isn't it??? Sell something to buy something... ;)

All the best -

Chris