PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Colavito bat Eastern Michigan?

perlman9
08-20-2010, 07:10 PM
I just picked up a Adirondak Rocky Colavito bat but after receiving it, I noticed it also had Eastern Michigan branded on the bat. Was it normal for colleges to order player-model bats for their team? How does that affect the value? Thanks for any help!

MSpecht
08-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Orders of bats for colleges and universities were filled by H & B and Adirondack with, basically, pro stock bats that incorporated H & B or Adirondack contract endorsement players' names on the barrel, for the marketing / endorsement value. Fortunately, many of these bats have the school's name stamped om the bat, easily distinguishing them from player-ordered pro model bats.

The value of a college bat is generally less than a team index bat, maybe in the $50 to $100 range, depending on the player (Colavito in this case.) . The exception would be if you happened to have one from a school which the player whose name is on the bat on the bat actually attended, say a Lou Gehrig signature model with Columbia University on the barrel.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com (jackitout7@aol.com)

perlman9
08-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks so much! I paid less than that, so will think of putting it on ebay or listing here first! It is a great looking bat, got it originally for my dad, but after seeing the Eastern Michigan I didn't think he would want it. But makes sense about the marketing with Rocky being in Detroit and bat at Eastern Michigan...