PDA

View Full Version : Question for Blue Jays & Tigers experts---

tonyvenn
07-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Just a short question regarding Jays & Tigers jerseys....

I collect Pro jerseys (I can't afford game-worns unfortunately:( )

BLUE JAYS

They wore a blue alternate jersey from 94 to 96.
In 96, they wore a 20th Ann. patch....
Can ANYONE confirm the patch was worn on the alternate jersey?

I can find plenty of images of the home & road jerseys....but I'd like to get confirmation of the alternate WITH the 20th patch.

TIGERS

In 1994, they introduced the new logo and road unis. They was a navy blue 3rd jersey with the new logo on the left chest and orange/white sleeve cuffs.

This is not to be confused with the mesh navy blue batting jersey, same logo placement, with the striping on the shouldersand down the sleeves.

Did the Tigers actually ever use the 3rd jersey? I cannot find ANY images anywhere of it....although the jersey does pop up on eBay every once in a while....

The Baseball HOF uniform website is completely out of date and useless....

ANY information / advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

bigtime59
07-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Just a short question regarding Jays & Tigers jerseys....

I collect Pro jerseys (I can't afford game-worns unfortunately:( )

BLUE JAYS

They wore a blue alternate jersey from 94 to 96.
In 96, they wore a 20th Ann. patch....
Can ANYONE confirm the patch was worn on the alternate jersey?

I can find plenty of images of the home & road jerseys....but I'd like to get confirmation of the alternate WITH the 20th patch.

I have a Mike Timlin GI alternate jersey with the patch. It came from the Jays, so I have no doubt as to it's authenticity.

TIGERS

In 1994, they introduced the new logo and road unis. They was a navy blue 3rd jersey with the new logo on the left chest and orange/white sleeve cuffs.

This is not to be confused with the mesh navy blue batting jersey, same logo placement, with the striping on the shouldersand down the sleeves.

Did the Tigers actually ever use the 3rd jersey? I cannot find ANY images anywhere of it....although the jersey does pop up on eBay every once in a while....

I don't know how often it was worn, if at all (yet another case of the team's owner not knowing a good thing when he had his team wearing it!) But they are gorgeous jerseys, and well worth having. Mine is one of the prizes of my collection.

The Baseball HOF uniform website is completely out of date and useless....[/quote]

I don't know about out of date, but they do have a very strange attitude towards alternate jerseys, post-Okkonen...

[quote]ANY information / advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Tony:
Hope the above helped...

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

tonyvenn
07-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi Mark....

THANK YOU for the info. It helped immensely!

Tony