PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Your take on Vintage Authentics

kenr1022
11-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone, I am thinking to consign some items and came across Vintage Authentics (www.vintageauthenticsauctions.com).

Have any of you ever consigned to them? Did they pay you quickly (or at all?). As a buyer, what was your experience. I would like to get a sense if they are trustworthy or not.

Your help on your experience is much appreciated. Thank you! :)

skipcareyisfat
11-29-2005, 08:32 PM
I was a consignor in their last auction. In my opinion, unless you're consigning a five to six figure item, they're not going to take the time to take decent pictures and write a good description. I could've done better selling my item on eBay, in all honesty. And maybe I missed something, but when you try to do an item search for their auction, you can only search the title keywords. Very inconvenient. I'm not a huge auction consignor so maybe I'm not the best judge of them.

You'll hear lots of arguments to the contrary, but I think that AMI, MastroNet and Lelands are the best options. Although if you have a stack of Babe Ruth and Cap Anson signed one dollar bills and a dozen '78 World Series balls signed by Roger Maris, I suggest letting Coaches Corner handle those.

On a side note, there's a dealer who at one point seemed to keep his Braves inventory stocked via Bricol Sports auctions. He did this because guys like Bricol - and maybe even Vintage Authentics - don't appear to attract the same level of bidding as the more established houses and was able to score material at a cheaper price, and then resell them.

Jason

kenr1022
11-30-2005, 03:32 AM
That is very helpful. Have they paid you for your item yet? My concern is more than just the description, per se --- it's if I will get paid for my item! I have heard horror stories of auction houses getting a consignment and never sending a check to the consignor. Is Vintage honest?

jdr3
11-30-2005, 07:46 AM
If you want to get paid in a reasonable amount of time, DO NOT consign with American Memorabilia. I once put something in one of their auctions, and it was on ebay about four times before they paid me 4 months after the auction ended.

skipcareyisfat
11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
No, I haven't been paid yet but I'm not worried. They're actually pretty nice people over there. The auction ended only a few weeks ago. BTW, I was also a consignor in the October AMI auction and I got my check a few weeks ago. I'd rather wait a few more weeks for a bigger check than have no wait for a small check.