PDA

View Full Version : QB Cut Jerseys?

Ed3SJ
07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
I just recently purchased a tommy maddox either ProCut or Game Worn (has some light wear) jersey. Somthing i noticed the second i took it out of the box that it was extremly short. I have another steelers gamer and its alot longer, but then again, thats a reciever jersey. So i thought i may have gotten ripped off, so i went on ebay and saw that micheal vick gamer. And when i look at it, its pretty short to for a game worn. Are QB jerseys alot shorter than the other positions, or is it personal preference?

Ed3SJ
07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I just found out that the seller shortened the jersey. Kinda makes me mad.. he never mentioned that until i got it.. what would you all do?

hblakewolf
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Who is the seller? If this information was not disclosed, I would seek a complete refund.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric
07-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Where did you buy this jersey?
Eric

Eric
07-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Was it this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-JERSEY-GAME-JERSEY-TOMMY-MADDOX_W0QQitemZ130009381898QQihZ003QQcategoryZ868 29QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suave1477
07-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Just to let you know it doesn't state in the ad that its a Game Used Jersey. I don't know if it is or not but if you bought the same Jersey Eric is pointing out. Becareful becuz the seller never stated that the Jersey is actually Game Worn!!!

trsent
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Was it this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-JERSEY-GAME-JERSEY-TOMMY-MADDOX_W0QQitemZ130009381898QQihZ003QQcategoryZ868 29QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If this jersey is the one in question, maybe the seller should have disclosed that the jersey was shorted by him prior to listing, but then again, often sellers will not disclose anything as the jersey was listed as a "GAME JERSEY" in the title and a "STEELERS GAMER" in the description.

If you thought this jersey was from the locker room questions should have been asked prior to submitting a buy-it-now because the seller never stated anything about where it came from in their description.

Ed3SJ
07-25-2006, 03:47 PM
o i take complete responsbility for this definitly.. the picture even shows it as a shorter jersey.. (yes thats the auction link) its just kinda.. a dissapointment i guess.. it does fit me better.. haha.. but there just a level of authenticity that has been cut off.. literly

Ed3SJ
07-25-2006, 03:54 PM
And its still a sweet jersey

Ed3SJ
07-25-2006, 08:10 PM
here it is next to an unaltered jersey

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6632/maddoxpeacebs0.jpg

sportscentury
07-25-2006, 11:19 PM
If this jersey is the one in question, maybe the seller should have disclosed that the jersey was shorted by him prior to listing, but then again, often sellers will not disclose anything as the jersey was listed as a "GAME JERSEY" in the title and a "STEELERS GAMER" in the description.

If you thought this jersey was from the locker room questions should have been asked prior to submitting a buy-it-now because the seller never stated anything about where it came from in their description.

Joel,

Ed (the buyer) should not have to ask: Hey, Mr. Seller, did you shorten the jersey? If the seller shortened the jersey, that DEFINITELY should have been disclosed. The issue here has nothing to do with whether it was actually worn in games or whether the seller stated it was game worn (though the seller calls it a game jersey and a gamer and is at the very least representing it as a game issue/ready jersey) as this disclosure should be made even with an authentic or replica. I've never heard of a dealer/seller shortening a game jersey, never mind shortening it and then selling it without disclosing that he himself altered it.

Ed, you have every right to demand a full refund.

Reid

trsent
07-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Joel,

Ed (the buyer) should not have to ask: Hey, Mr. Seller, did you shorten the jersey? If the seller shortened the jersey, that DEFINITELY should have been disclosed. The issue here has nothing to do with whether it was actually worn in games or whether the seller stated it was game worn (though the seller calls it a game jersey and a gamer and is at the very least representing it as a game issue/ready jersey) as this disclosure should be made even with an authentic or replica. I've never heard of a dealer/seller shortening a game jersey, never mind shortening it and then selling it without disclosing that he himself altered it.

Ed, you have every right to demand a full refund.

Reid

Mr. F, I was not defending the seller, I do not know how a seller can trim a jersey and not mention in their description that they did so. Sounded odd to me.

Ed3SJ
07-26-2006, 08:43 AM
yea i feel like i should b able to get a refund, but it wont happen, the guy talks as if he doesnt understand why people dont shorten them. He has a randle el and bettis he said he also had shortend. (that hurts) Steelers game used/issued jerseys are hard to come by so i think i am going to keep it, its only my second steelers game jersey and i plan on gettin a big collection, so why not? Ive always wondered why u dont see more steelers game jerseys on the market. I love the sleeve style of the game jerseys compared to the just average authentic, the cut is just to cool. Its def a hard call thats for sure.

sportscentury
07-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Mr. F, I was not defending the seller, I do not know how a seller can trim a jersey and not mention in their description that they did so. Sounded odd to me.

Joel: I agree - seems completely outrageous.

Ed: It's up to you. I would demand a refund, though. Even if the seller is genuinely "unusual" in his thinking about how common it is to prefer that game jerseys be shortened, he still needs to disclose this. If you're okay with it, that's fine ... although it sounded from your posts that you are not. Best of luck with it either way.

Reid