PDA

View Full Version : Don Baylor 1986 world series

tigerdale
08-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Wondering if I could get info on how many world series bats Don Baylor got in 1986.....thank you

MSpecht
08-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Unfortunately, the H & B records referencing World Series and All Star bats became less informative from 1981 forward when the company began to computerize their records. On the handwritten order cards (1931-1981) there were often notations specifying these bats. Not so with the computerized records. A review of the records of several players who participated in the 1986 World Series, however, indicates that the players each received two bats, usually invoiced to Baseball Promotions, dated 10/21/1986. It appears likely that those orders would be the "World Series' stamped / labeled bats, based on the invoice, date, and number of bats received.

NOTE: It is not unusual for the invoice date of these types of bats to be dated either during the Series, or, in the case of All Star Games, dated after the game occurred.

In Baylor's specific case, he received two dozen professional model bats (R161C and R206C) in early October, which he presumably used during the playoffs / post-season. The apparent two "World Series" bats given to him, as noted, are invoiced date 10/21/1986 and are documented as model B340.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com

tigerdale
08-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Thank you so much.

metsbats
09-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Mike,

As a collector of 86 World series bats I often wondered why I've never come across any HB game issued 86 WS bats for any of the Mets.

Ed Hearn indicated he never got a World Series bat from HB that year however he has one from Rawlings.

Hearn didn't have a contract with HB as most of the other Mets. Most veteran players like Gary Carter, Keith Hernandez, Ray Knight, Rafael Santana, Mookie Wilson did.

Are there any records of these players receiving WS bats?

Thanks

soxbats
11-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Tigerdale, while it is not for sale, I do have one of Baylor's WS bats from 86 in my collection, unused with a personalized autograph to someone else. If you want a pic, please send me your email. For some reason I do not have rights to attach a pic to this reply.

Jeff

soxbats@aol.com