PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Game Used Bat Help

jmwill82
08-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey guys. I always reach out to the members before I make a big purchase as I am a younger collector and still have a lot to learn. I have the opportunity to purchase a Game-Used cracked Pujols bat from about two seasons ago. I do not know a lot about his bats when it comes to characteristics, etc so I am hoping someone can help. If the bat is indeed a true gamer, what could I expect to pay? Thanks again for everyone's help!

STLCardinalscollector
08-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I have never seen him use a bat that looks like that, or with that type of hanble. Jeff from Birdbats is the best at identifing his bats, with a few others on here that know a lot about his bats.
Look at the recent pickup from shoreman, that's a great looking Pujols bat.

Pay more, and get the real thing.

David

Always looking for STL Cardinals game used !!!!

flota89
08-15-2010, 10:17 PM
That bat has a number of problems. Pujols doesn't use handle tape, the tar pattern looks weird, ball marks are off...

I would definately pass.

jmwill82
08-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for your advice and opinions! Just for the heck of it I also added a picture of the knob. You cannot see from the picture but above the 5 it reads " 3/27/08:".

flota89
08-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Thanks for your advice and opinions! Just for the heck of it I also added a picture of the knob. You cannot see from the picture but above the 5 it reads " 3/27/08:".
Is the seller claiming it to be used by Pujols or someone else?

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Is the seller claiming it to be used by Pujols or someone else?

Based on the knob, he may have ordered the bat. The handle is a dead giveaway that he didn't use it. Its an '08 bat, Im pretty sure based on the barrel. I would say he definitely didn't use it.

That's my two cents, I would ask Jeff also.

-Tony

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Based on the knob, he may have ordered the bat. The handle is a dead giveaway that he didn't use it. Its an '08 bat, Im pretty sure based on the barrel. I would say he definitely didn't use it.

That's my two cents, I would ask Jeff also.

-Tony

I also didn't see he posted the manufacture date (haha), sorry about that. DEFINITELY an '08. If Im looking for a true Pujols gamer, I am passing on this.

-Tony

jmwill82
08-15-2010, 10:43 PM
He is claiming that he went to an Astros-Cards game in Houston and Albert handed him the bat after the game. He said Albert broke the bat earlier in the game.

STLHAMMER32
08-15-2010, 10:52 PM
If you are looking for a bat Albert actually used, pass on the bat. Not a chance Albert was the last to use it. If there is any doubt still with the negatives you will get on this bat just look at each astro-cards series from 08. Find a buddy with the mlb.tv packagage... I can guarantee you wont see Albert using a bat with the handle like that.

If you want a model that was ordered by Albert and was intended for him, I think you are ok. Even that is no longer safe in most cases on ebay it looks like. You used to see mostly these Marucci's that Albert gave to teammates or minor league players pop on ebay. They didn't have his characteristics but at least were legit models that he gave away....now it looks like people are doctoring bats that can be ordered by the public.

jmwill82
08-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Thank you so much for all the great information guys! As always I know I can count on the pros here on this forum. I am going to pass on the bat. He was asking $350 for it and from looking at other legit gamers this was one of those cases where if it's too good to be true then it most likely is.

lakeerie92
08-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Just went through the early 2008 season of Cardinals @ Houston games just to be sure and there was never a Pujols used bat with a tape job. I assumed as much but it is always better to check.

spartanservitto
08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Thank you so much for all the great information guys! As always I know I can count on the pros here on this forum. I am going to pass on the bat. He was asking $350 for it and from looking at other legit gamers this was one of those cases where if it's too good to be true then it most likely is.

For $350 you might get a handle... Ive been looking for about a year now, have owned three potential gamers, and have still failed to get my white whale. It's the hardest piece to collect in my opinion, good luck! though.

-Tony

Birdbats
08-16-2010, 08:45 AM
He is claiming that he went to an Astros-Cards game in Houston and Albert handed him the bat after the game. He said Albert broke the bat earlier in the game.

No effin' way. Pujols would not use a bat with these characteristics, let alone break it in a game then give it to a fan after the game. That story is complete hogwash.

mlbforeverhomer
08-16-2010, 08:53 AM
This looks like a Yaddy bat, but if the guy is trying to say it is a true Pujols gamer stay away. Pujols I am positive has never touched this bat. By far the worst Pujols "gamer" I have ever seen hit the market!

PAY MORE TO GET A AUTHENTIC PUJOLS GAMER!

https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=4654
https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=4356

Clay

Fnazxc0114
08-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Would you mind telling us who the person offering the bat is? Is it a dealer or private individual.

rj_lucas
08-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Would you mind telling us who the person offering the bat is? Is it a dealer or private individual.

Either way, I'm willing to bet that bat shows up on eBay.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

spartanservitto
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Either way, I'm willing to bet that bat shows up on eBay.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

Agreed.

-Tony