PDA

View Full Version : Strasburg Hype Over?

Dach0sen0ne
08-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Looks like nobody showed up to the game. :D

lakeerie92
08-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Looks like nobody showed up to the game. :D

Looks like Strasburg is pretty upset by it too.

Fnazxc0114
08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Dang that was fast.

allstarsplus
08-15-2010, 06:32 PM
It was raining most of the weekend and recorded attendance was over 21,000 but most didn't stay long when the rain drops started.

This kid has been under the microscope and has performed at an admirable level for a 21 year old kid.

Cut him some slack.

Dach0sen0ne
08-15-2010, 07:36 PM
It was raining most of the weekend and recorded attendance was over 21,000 but most didn't stay long when the rain drops started.

This kid has been under the microscope and has performed at an admirable level for a 21 year old kid.

Cut him some slack.

I was totally joking, I was watching the game and couldn't resist. I'm a big fan of Strasburg and enjoy watching him pitch. He's been great considering the pressure and I know he will continue to shine.

Fnazxc0114
08-15-2010, 07:51 PM
It is all ESPN east coast hype. He's not the only guy in the league at his age who can hit a 100 on the gun. Hope he has a good career, but no matter what he does it wont live up to what he was hyped up to be. Unless of course he gets 300 wins 3000 k's and wins a WS or two.

LastingsMilledge85
08-15-2010, 08:46 PM
It is all ESPN east coast hype. He's not the only guy in the league at his age who can hit a 100 on the gun. Hope he has a good career, but no matter what he does it wont live up to what he was hyped up to be. Unless of course he gets 300 wins 3000 k's and wins a WS or two.

Yes!!!! Neftali Feliz is having an incredible season and probably has locked down ROY and where's his hype? Those are the guys I like, no one covers them, no one credits them, and when the day is done they are better than the hyped up guys.

sox83cubs84
08-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Never mind the ESPN poster boy...how about Cubs SS Starlin Castro? He's about 10-12 plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title in the NL and he has a BA that would make him an instant title contender once those few trips to the plate are made up. He's a legit batting title and NL ROY hopeful.

Dave Miedema

Fnazxc0114
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
I wasnt going to bring up Nef, out of fear of sounding like a rangers homer. Tanner Scheppers also hit 100 several times in the futures game. One of the reasons im not impressed with strassburg is because of those two guys. if neftali played for the yankees or redsox he would be plastered front and center on ESPN every night.

Yes!!!! Neftali Feliz is having an incredible season and probably has locked down ROY and where's his hype? Those are the guys I like, no one covers them, no one credits them, and when the day is done they are better than the hyped up guys.

LastingsMilledge85
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Never mind the ESPN poster boy...how about Cubs SS Starlin Castro? He's about 10-12 plate appearances short of qualifying for the batting title in the NL and he has a BA that would make him an instant title contender once those few trips to the plate are made up. He's a legit batting title and NL ROY hopeful.

Dave Miedema

He is Hanley Ramirez caliber good, but not as much power. Considering his age, the season is having is incredible. I think though when it's all said and done Posey will have the higher BA and wind up the ROY. If it's Heyward, then both have been robbed.

nationals2k9
08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
I wasnt going to bring up Nef, out of fear of sounding like a rangers homer. Tanner Scheppers also hit 100 several times in the futures game. One of the reasons im not impressed with strassburg is because of those two guys. if neftali played for the yankees or redsox he would be plastered front and center on ESPN every night.

Not sure I agree. Daniel Bard is as much an asset as Feliz in my opinion but stays off the national radar playing for Boston. Certainly the guy who eventually replaces Mariano is going to be closely watched. I think it's the #1 draft pick combined with college success, Boras, potential savior of the Nats.... that is the kind of stuff lacking with guys like Feliz.

sox83cubs84
08-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Lastings:

GREAT photoshopped album cover.:p

Dave M.

Fnazxc0114
08-16-2010, 09:08 AM
All of the strasburg stuff i mentioned is hype, just like you did with him being #1 draft, boras, college career etc. Onec he has put together a few good season, or for that matter one good season we will see if how good he is. Like i said before odds are he wont live up to the hype placed on him. Bard is off the radar because he is not a closer or a starter. If he were either of those things everyone would know who he is.

Not sure I agree. Daniel Bard is as much an asset as Feliz in my opinion but stays off the national radar playing for Boston. Certainly the guy who eventually replaces Mariano is going to be closely watched. I think it's the #1 draft pick combined with college success, Boras, potential savior of the Nats.... that is the kind of stuff lacking with guys like Feliz.

suave1477
08-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Well here is a real shocker for probably most of you.

Now I have watched him pitch before for the Tigers and knew he was a solid releiver for the most part.
But I just never knew how much.
Till 2 weeks ago when I went to the Orioles vs. Angels game and Fernando Rodney came in.

Everyone was in awe of him pitching WHY YOU ASK???

Well maybe because he was pitching consistantly ly at 100 to 101mph.
Mind you he was in for an inning or and an innning and a half.

He threw one change up in the low 80's and the rest were 99, 100, 101.

I don't get throwing those kind of numbers how this guy isn't the talk of the town especially since he is in baseball now for 8 years.
Another thing I don't get with throwing those kind of numbers how he has a terrible ERA.
Its like one game he is lights out and the next he gives up a ton of runs.:rolleyes:

tigerdale
08-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Well here is a real shocker for probably most of you.

Now I have watched him pitch before for the Tigers and knew he was a solid releiver for the most part.
But I just never knew how much.
Till 2 weeks ago when I went to the Orioles vs. Angels game and Fernando Rodney came in.

Everyone was in awe of him pitching WHY YOU ASK???

Well maybe because he was pitching consistantly ly at 100 to 101mph.
Mind you he was in for an inning or and an innning and a half.

He threw one change up in the low 80's and the rest were 99, 100, 101.

I don't get throwing those kind of numbers how this guy isn't the talk of the town especially since he is in baseball now for 8 years.
Another thing I don't get with throwing those kind of numbers how he has a terrible ERA.
Its like one game he is lights out and the next he gives up a ton of runs.:rolleyes:

I always liked Rodney in Detroit...a lot of people didn't, but I did. He had great stuff...his main problem was walking guys, control, lots of 3 ball counts...but when he had command, he was just lights out. I think I was one of the few Rodney fans in Detroit.