PDA

View Full Version : Gamewornuniforms.com

CUTiger23
08-14-2010, 08:41 PM
I honestly had no clue they existed until I saw them at the National the other week. Granted, I am more of a card collector, but I am looking for some info on them:

How reliable are they?
Are most of their items legit and/or come with a good COA?
Most importantly, how negotiable are they? I see a jersey they have that I want, but not that the price. It says they have had it since Summer 2005 so perhaps they may be more incline to dump it. has anyone had success with this?

Thanks for any info I can get on them.

Sonny25
08-14-2010, 09:33 PM
They have many basketball items I'd love to purchase, but are insanely priced high.

To bad too, because they aren't located that far from where I live.

MileHighFan
08-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I purchased a couple of jerseys from them last fall/winter. I'm only an NBA guy, and all of their NBA jerseys are legit as I believe they have connects with certain organizations, but as far as game-worn provenance, you're pretty much taking their word for it. The COA you receive is a regular 8x11 piece of paper, with photos of the front & back of jersey (same photos as on the website), stating what the jersey is and a signature from one of the higher ups at the company. Nothing from the league or organization itself.

sox83cubs84
08-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Wayne Otto (owner of the business) is a swell guy. That said, do your homework on anything you buy from him. Problems are only rarely in terms of authenticity, but items the are misidentified or misattributed are not uncommon. Whoever their researcher is doesn't have any skills at the task whatsoever. Just last week, a 2004-06 Blue Jays BP jersey that they listed on eBay was described as a 2008 Sunday home game jersey. Ebay postings in the past are littered with player, team and year misidentifications. I trust Wayne generally on the stuff being legit...but I will research anything of his I'm interested in before I bid for description accuracy.

Dave Miedema

solarlottry
08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Wayne is good guy and will make a deal if you call him but dont expect a big discount. I have only purchased 49ers shirts but the funny thing is that the description on some say "good game use" and the shirts shows very little and others with no mention of use are absolutely beat up. If you call them Jason cn help you and will get each shirt and describe them for you. They ship quickly and cheaply so that is a bonus. All of the 49ers shirts came directly from the team in a bulk buy a few years ago.

capitalssticks
08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
They have many basketball items I'd love to purchase, but are insanely priced high.

To bad too, because they aren't located that far from where I live.

i also feel that way, there were several jerseys i saw at the national that i would have considered but the pricing was far above the actual value (for instance juwan howard wizards jerseys $1100, several more examples like that) dont have to worry about him selling any of the ones i was interested in

Sonny25
08-15-2010, 05:08 PM
lol They have a McGrady Magic jersey for $10,500.
Grey Flannel just sold a same year McGrady Magic jersey for $780.