PDA

View Full Version : New Here

KrukCards
08-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi, this is Steve from Kruk Cards. I知 in charge of listing the game used items on our site, and just found this message board. I知 trying to get as many of these jerseys up as possible, but at the same time, I知 trying to learn about them as I go.

I do want to list these items correctly, so if you ever have questions or comments, please feel free to email me at orders@krukcards.com.

Steve

athletics61
08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have collected game worn jerseys for over 20 years and learned a ton from this Forum. It is a great resource.

Don

karamaxjoe
08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi, this is Steve from Kruk Cards. I知 in charge of listing the game used items on our site, and just found this message board. I知 trying to get as many of these jerseys up as possible, but at the same time, I知 trying to learn about them as I go.

I do want to list these items correctly, so if you ever have questions or comments, please feel free to email me at orders@krukcards.com.

Steve

Steve - My advice to you is be open and honest with whatever you're doing with the jerseys. This forum doesn't typically assist dealers with advice and you'll get banned pretty quick if you use our advice or expertise in the wrong way. I'm definitely not saying Kruk is a bad company, but recommending you tread lightly here. With that said, welcome!

KrukCards
08-13-2010, 01:48 PM
To be honest, I didn't plan on coming here asking for advice or anything like that. I really just wanted to let everyone here know that I'm really trying to learn this stuff, and that I'm willing to answer any questions and listen to any comments about our items.

I do fully intent to be open and honest with this community, and any of our customers as well.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Steve

trsent
08-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Steve - My advice to you is be open and honest with whatever you're doing with the jerseys. This forum doesn't typically assist dealers with advice and you'll get banned pretty quick if you use our advice or expertise in the wrong way. I'm definitely not saying Kruk is a bad company, but recommending you tread lightly here. With that said, welcome!

I think you missed the point. Steve came here and said if anyone has any questions or concerns they should contact him as he wants to do what is right.

Why would you make a post to scare them? He said if anyone has any questions or comments to contact him. I believe if someone see Kruk selling a jersey they have issues with, contact Steve as he wants to learn and make adjustments if something doesn't match with what it should.

Why would you say this forum doesn't assist dealers with advice? This forum has issues with jerseys that are being sold as game used, and if a dealer says if there is an issue, please email me, why do you tell them they could get suspended? Why not welcome Steve to the forum and not try to scare them away.

I saw this as a dealer who was brought into light on the forum a few months ago, who doesn't possibly know everything about game used. They said we should email them any concerns over any of their listings, because I believe they want to do what is right if they make any errors.

Bravo Kruk Cards - This forum should help educate you and hopefully will help you learn more about game used!

Lokee
08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
I would like to add that there has been a few posts actually asking about KrukCards and if they are legit. I think it is awsome that Steve decided to join so he could learn more. Who cares if he is a dealer or not.

Anyways welcome to the forum Steve and keep posting those jersey's :)

karamaxjoe
08-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Why would you make a post to scare them?

Joel,

It's great to see you back on this crazy forum.

I wouldn't exactly say I was trying to scare anyone. I don't think the MODs would take kindly to any dealer profiting from the help this forum could provide. That's why I said to be open and honest. Remember the days of auction houses masquerading as collectors on this forum to get some help on jerseys? I'd be happy to answer questions about Sox jerseys, but I wouldn't be happy to see a jersey listed on ebay after the forum gave it a thumbs down.

sox83cubs84
08-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Steve:

Email me at sox83cubs84@hotmail.com. I have an idea to help you.

Dave Miedema

justinbittner220
08-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Just to put it out there... I've dealt with Kruk numerous times and have never had less than perfect service or subpar quality. It's a good place to deal with.

trsent
08-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Joel,

I wouldn't exactly say I was trying to scare anyone. I don't think the MODs would take kindly to any dealer profiting from the help this forum could provide. That's why I said to be open and honest. Remember the days of auction houses masquerading as collectors on this forum to get some help on jerseys? I'd be happy to answer questions about Sox jerseys, but I wouldn't be happy to see a jersey listed on ebay after the forum gave it a thumbs down.

Mike, now I understand!

You don't mind helping a dealer/collector, but if the item is found not to be legitimate, you would prefer they don't try to sell it as anything that it isn't.

That is fair and I 100% agree with you.

I think Steve from Kruk was stating if we found issues with anything he has listed, email him and and he will investigate. From my dealings with Kruk many moons ago in the sports card business, they are honest and they are not looking to take advantage of anyone.

dcrules01
08-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Steve I had sent a few questions on a previous auction about a 79 road Mets Richie Hebner that you sold. The tagging is for Joel Youngblood as the nameplate that was on the jersey. But it was a Hebner not a Youngblood. Just curious how you came to the conclusion that Hebner wore the jersey that was obviously made for Youngblood. You have some great item I have looked through many item. I was told by one of your assistants that you were away during the auction.Here is the link thanks for any information you can provide..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140423054955

joelsabi
08-14-2010, 08:57 AM

reference

dcrules01
08-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes I should have done that thanks Joel. I emailed the winning bidder after he posted feedback asking a few questions but received no response. Hopefully Steve can help out.

metsbats
08-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Joel,

I personally welcome dealer participation in this forum. The information and education is for all. Our motto "Share the knowledge" does not exclude dealers. Educating both the collectors and the dealers in the hobby are equally important. Alot of us complain about dealers who don't have a clue about what they are selling and failing to the research. It's refreshing to see Krukcards joining and seeking knowledge.

ndevlin
08-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Ive purchased from Kruk before....cards in the past, and in the last couple of years, probably a couple dozen bats or so and a few jerseys. I've never had an issue with them as long as you do your own homework. If you do that most of the time, it becomes fairly easy...

ziggy
08-18-2010, 01:36 PM
The Black Blue Jays jerseys without names on back you have listed on ebay are BP jerseys not Alternate jerseys

KrukCards
08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Steve I had sent a few questions on a previous auction about a 79 road Mets Richie Hebner that you sold. The tagging is for Joel Youngblood as the nameplate that was on the jersey. But it was a Hebner not a Youngblood. Just curious how you came to the conclusion that Hebner wore the jersey that was obviously made for Youngblood. You have some great item I have looked through many item. I was told by one of your assistants that you were away during the auction.Here is the link thanks for any information you can provide..

Ahh, the Hebner jersey, looks like that was a popular one here. Of course the item listed on my week at the lake with the family, and I don't get to answer any of the questions. That'll teach me to take a vacation. :)

What made me think it was a game used jersey? Well, we acquired the jersey from a local collector who had interactions with various MLB teams. If I recall correctly, he said most of the time he got his jerseys from the players themselves, or sometimes team equipment managers.

I realize now that the nameplate on back was replaced at sometime, and the tag numbers didn't line up.

ziggy
08-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Your Black Batting Practice Blue Jays jerseys are still listed as Alternate Jerseys.

KrukCards
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Your Black Batting Practice Blue Jays jerseys are still listed as Alternate Jerseys.

I know, I haven't had a chance to fix them yet, they've got me working on some other stuff. Hopefully I can fix them tonight or this weekend. Thanks for the head's up.

Steve

ziggy
09-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Still have your Blue Jays BPs listed as game used alt jerseys

rdeversole
09-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Guess he didn't have a second to change his Corky Miller Reds Jersey (completed now) listing, although I made him aware of the mistake beforehand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Cincinnati-Reds-Corky-Miller-48-Game-Used-Jersey-/140450670635?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item20b383282b#ht_4795wt_913

Corky was #37 as a Red now and then. Of course, putting Corky Miller (current player on a post-season bound team) would bring more money than whatever Miller that was back then. Hmm.

Birdbats
09-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Steve, I just finished looking through the Cardinals jerseys you have listed on eBay. Here's some information that should help you out:

Your '78 Buddy Schultz road jersey is a minor league jersey that wasn't worn by Schultz. The back number is set high and there's no NOB -- that's what's differentiates minor league shirts from major league jerseys. A more accurate description would be "Cardinals '78 minor league road jersey signed by Garry Templeton."
Your '88 Lee Tunnell jersey is one of two things: game issued or spring training. Lee last played for the Cards in '87 and missed the '88 season, spending it in AAA. They obviously made a jersey for him in '88... either worn in spring training or ready in case he was called up. Considering they typically wore recycled shirts in the spring, I'd assume the latter.
The 2000 Medina jersey was likely worn by Rafael Medina, a non-roster invitee to spring training in 2001.
The 2002 Garrick jersey was worn in spring training by Matt Garrick.
The 2005 Alberto Guerrero jersey actually was worn by Wilton Guerrero in spring training.
The 2005 Mercado jersey was worn by Hector Mercado, again in spring training.
The Carmen Cali jersey is probably a 2006 spring training jersey. The Cardinals don't put year flags in spring training jerseys. His 2005 regular season shirts likely had year flags.
The 2006 Tony Cruz jersey actually was worn by Deivi Cruz in spring training.
Finally, the Nick Stocks jersey is a mystery. Nick was in the Cards organization, but Matt Morris wore #35 every season Nick was here. Can't quite figure out how Nick ended up with a #35 jersey. Whatever the case, Nick never made the show with St. Louis, so it's also a spring jersey.Hope this helps.

KrukCards
09-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Guess he didn't have a second to change his Corky Miller Reds Jersey (completed now) listing, although I made him aware of the mistake beforehand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Cincinnati-Reds-Corky-Miller-48-Game-Used-Jersey-/140450670635?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item20b383282b#ht_4795wt_913

Corky was #37 as a Red now and then. Of course, putting Corky Miller (current player on a post-season bound team) would bring more money than whatever Miller that was back then. Hmm.

I wasn't ignoring your insight, or trying to mislead anyone. The information I worked off of there was provided to us by a collector. Obviously, that information was wrong. When you had sent your message, the item had already had bids, and I can't change the listing after it has bids.

I wish all I had to work on around here was the jerseys, but that is not the case. Many times I try and get to this stuff, but it sometimes it slips through the cracks.

trsent
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
I wasn't ignoring your insight, or trying to mislead anyone. The information I worked off of there was provided to us by a collector. Obviously, that information was wrong. When you had sent your message, the item had already had bids, and I can't change the listing after it has bids.

I wish all I had to work on around here was the jerseys, but that is not the case. Many times I try and get to this stuff, but it sometimes it slips through the cracks.

I have defended your company in the past, but posting that you don't update auctions or sales because you don't have time and you possibly sell misidentified merchandise is no excuse.

If you are selling an item with an incorrect description on eBay and it has bids, you can end the listing and relist it properly or you can add to the item description after bids have been received.

I believe the issue here is that there are a lot of items that members of this forum have found issues with and they have properly notified you of those issues and nothing is changed. The members of this forum who take their time to let you know of issues are correct a very high percentage of the time and it is a shame if you are notified you are misrepresenting an item and it is brought to you attention but you are too busy to take the time to fix it.

I expect more for a classy operation like Kruk Cards.