PDA

View Full Version : Pujols ebay bat

STLHAMMER32
08-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Is it just me or does the knob of this marucci look strange.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-game-used-bat-2007-Marucci-bat-Cardinals-/380257817746?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

kylehess10
08-09-2010, 11:55 PM
I think EVERY Pujols bat on eBay looks strange

STLHAMMER32
08-09-2010, 11:59 PM
I think EVERY Pujols bat on eBay looks strange

lol this true... I can't tell exactly whats going on from the photo.

kylehess10
08-10-2010, 12:27 AM
lol this true... I can't tell exactly whats going on from the photo.

The font seems different on the barrel. Could it be a retail bat?

STLHAMMER32
08-10-2010, 01:36 AM

I think the font looks ok, also the date that he gives for bat of 7-27-07 matches other Pujols marucci's I have seen. I can't really tell what kind of use it has because the pics don't really show much. The knob just looks strange to me, it might just be the photos but I can't make out anything on there.

spartanservitto
08-10-2010, 06:33 AM
Hey,

Im the one selling the Old Hickory bat with the letter from Taube and Malta. The only thing strange about it is the use. More than likely a BP bat or a bat he used in the offseason. Everything else is fine with it, the tar matches (its just dirty and dry) as does the handwriting. Still though I know what you are saying on that bat.

It looks like the knob flaked off or was etched or or something, it is weird to me.

-Tony

spartanservitto
08-10-2010, 06:44 AM
I bought the Old Hickory when I didnt know much about Pujols bats, and went off of the reputation of third parties... I own it and I even say it is weird.

-Tony

Birdbats
08-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Like most Pujols bats on eBay, I blew this bat off as unlikely to be legit, and blogged that I couldn't tell enough from the photos to make a call. I should have looked closer. I've gone back and compared it to photos I have of legit 2007 Marucci bats. Everyone is right -- the knob is wrong and so is the barrel font. I'll have to post photos later, bat the knob is more rounded, forcing the stampings around the 5 to be too close to the 5. And the font on the barrel is too wide.

Birdbats
08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
OK, here's a comparison of the barrel fonts (eBay bat at top):

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/2007PujolsMaruccibarrels.jpg

And here's a comparison of the knobs (eBay bat at top left):

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/birdbats/2007PujolsMarucciknobs.jpg

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...

STLHAMMER32
08-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Kyle, I overlooked the font initially I just did a comparison of a legit 07 pujols and I saw that it was a bit off, I logged on and saw Jeff had already posted a comparison....nice!

Tony, nothing wrong on your bat as far as it being an authentic gamer my man should have noted that when we were talking ebay...you already discussed the use but its definately a nice bat in my opinion.

I wonder what exactly is going on with this knob it's really hard to tell from the pics but it is strange looking....... the more I look at the pinetar it has a different look about it to, if I'm thinking it's a bit much for the year and color looks a bit off from usual I think to. I would love to see some close up pics of the use on it.

legaleagle92481
08-10-2010, 12:12 PM
How many legit Pujols bats show up on Ebay? Very, very, very few.