PDA

View Full Version : David Ortiz Gu Bat Knob Question

soxfan
08-08-2010, 11:05 PM
This is for the bat experts out there...

In 2008, when ortiz was still uising the 2 tone Rawlings, there seems to be 2 different numbering codes on bats.

The one I have is M456B.

I have also seen the same bat with M456A

Whats the difference?

Thanks!

Jeremy
macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

5kRunner
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I read somewhere its length. I think B's are 34". Never had an A. I'll see if I can find where I read it tonight.

soxfan
08-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Stll trying to seek the answer...

Jeremy

rjdgonebats
08-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Per Bill Steele at rawlings,letter A-35" bat
B-34"
H-32"
S-33"
X-36""

Hope this helps

tigerdale
08-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Per Bill Steele at rawlings,letter A-35" bat
B-34"
H-32"
S-33"
X-36""

Hope this helps

great info!!!

soxfan
09-18-2010, 02:48 AM
Any other thoughts??

I am almost despreate to try to photo match this bat for my own piece of mind!!

Jeremy

nycpropain
09-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Any other thoughts??

I am almost despreate to try to photo match this bat for my own piece of mind!!

Jeremy
you where given an answer from bill steele thats really it.

BMH
09-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Haha, funny story about those damn letters. When I first started digitizing all our models into our new CNC and our sales guys started bringing in models from other companies I was always angry about the Rawlings bats. I would get a 456B then a 456S. I was soo pissed I had to make a new model. One of the EM's and I were talking and he told me the letters stood for the length...I felt pretty stupid.

I even told the story to Bill when he came down to visit our factory. He laughed pretty hard. Bill Steele is a good guy and a great bat maker.

metsbats
09-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Haha, funny story about those damn letters. When I first started digitizing all our models into our new CNC and our sales guys started bringing in models from other companies I was always angry about the Rawlings bats. I would get a 456B then a 456S. I was soo pissed I had to make a new model. One of the EM's and I were talking and he told me the letters stood for the length...I felt pretty stupid.

I even told the story to Bill when he came down to visit our factory. He laughed pretty hard. Bill Steele is a good guy and a great bat maker.

Bill is a great resource. Brian what would it take to get Bill on the Forum to share the knowledge? Next time you see Bill please tell him there's a really nice plaque we can give him around the holidays.:D