PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing - a new record

Rob L
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Zenyatta is now 18 for 18. Won at Del Mar today. Unbelievable.

kudu
08-08-2010, 10:50 PM
I was there. Zenyatta is a once in a lifetime horse. I have never seen so many people (including myself) wait in the paddock area almost 3 races before the 9th race, just to get a close up glimpse of her. Here's a pic from where I was standing:

Here's a youtube of the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXuAD1RPlI

Yankwood
08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
She never wins by alot but always wins...Great stretch run. Never really went to the whip either.

Mark17
08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
She never wins by alot but always wins...Great stretch run. Never really went to the whip either.

I'm not a racing fan, but it seems to me that jockey used brilliant judgement in choosing his timing to make the move. Also it was nice that he didn't use the whip... seems like the jockey and horse were more a team rather than a man driving a horse.

Really cool race.

Rob L
08-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Here are some of the shots I took when she won #17 to break the record at Hollywood Park on 6/13/2010. It was awesome, I was the only one taking photos in at the final turn. The first photo is when Mike Smith directed Zenyatta to the outside, then it was afterburner time.

Rob L
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
If she does race in Santa Anita on Oct 2nd, I will definitely be there. I am still hoping there will be a Rachel Alexandra vs Zenyatta race sometime soon.

Rachel who? LOL

Zenyatta was clearly a better horse than RA last year. HOY for RA last year was a joke!

Mark17
08-11-2010, 12:30 AM
If you go to the race, I wonder if you could ask someone at the stable if they could get you Zenyatta's game-used socks for $100 after the race. I'm sure they get thrown out. Photo-match them while you're there, and have a terrific game-used collectible.

kudu
08-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Rachel who? LOL

Zenyatta was clearly a better horse than RA last year. HOY for RA last year was a joke!
I agree. They should have the race in Vegas, along with the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

kudu
08-11-2010, 11:50 PM
If you go to the race, I wonder if you could ask someone at the stable if they could get you Zenyatta's game-used socks for $100 after the race. I'm sure they get thrown out. Photo-match them while you're there, and have a terrific game-used collectible.

Actually, I think those "socks" are tape wrapped around both back legs and three blue stripes painted on the tape. So it might be kinda tough to photomatch. ;)

BTW, $100 may not cut it for the "socks" either because a halter from Zenyatta last year went up for auction and brought in over $6000.:eek:

kudu
01-18-2011, 02:23 AM
Congrats to Zenyatta. HOTY!!