PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Strasburg Cap Photomatch

allstarsplus
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
The problem I have always had with caps is most are so generic and difficult to photomatch. On this Strasburg cap, there was an imperfection in the lefthand side of the cap and I was able to get a Hi Res photo!

Dach0sen0ne
08-06-2010, 11:00 AM
The problem I have always had with caps is most are so generic and difficult to photomatch. On this Strasburg cap, there was an imperfection in the lefthand side of the cap and I was able to get a Hi Res photo!

Nice Match! Awesome pick up!

rj_lucas
08-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Looks like New Era quality control's loss was your gain my friend. Congrats!

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

allstarsplus
08-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Looks like New Era quality control's loss was your gain my friend. Congrats!

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

I was thinking the same thing! I was told he wore this from his debut game to the All Star break so there is some great history to it.

I have a huge cap collection and that is the only one with that imperfection as I was trying to match up my Adam Dunn and Ryan Zimmerman with no luck.

The sweat marks were really nice too and his hat sizing (large head) and the way his caps are numbered are unique as most of the players have their #'s written on the underside of the bill on the forehead side.

tigerdale
08-06-2010, 12:26 PM
awesome match!!!

jdr3
08-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Andrew,

If you have Dunn's cap I love to put it with the full uni you sold me last year.

-Jim

allstarsplus
08-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Andrew,

If you have Dunn's cap I love to put it with the full uni you sold me last year.

-Jim

Jim - I do have Adam Dunn's BP cap from this year and will send you photos.

vballGuy
08-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Andrew,

Awesome cap. Nice photomatch.

I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but you stated that you have a huge GU cap collection. If you have any Blue Jays caps that you're willing to part with, please let me know.

allstarsplus
08-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Andrew,

Awesome cap. Nice photomatch.

I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but you stated that you have a huge GU cap collection. If you have any Blue Jays caps that you're willing to part with, please let me know.

Sorry about that. Huge Nationals cap collection.

Manram
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Sweet stras hat and even nicer match. Nice pick up

ironmanfan
08-10-2010, 01:47 PM
any chance of getting it signed?

allstarsplus
08-10-2010, 02:15 PM
any chance of getting it signed?I don't like running after signatures in the ballpark or parking lots as the signatures are sometimes awful, so I think it would have to be at a public or private signing to make sure the sig is crisp.

I am stockpiling items. I have some game used balls, a strikeout ball, a lineup card, Sports Illustrated covers, and working on getting a game used jersey so I should have nice items to do my own small signing.

Stras pitches tonight so hopefully he has a great outing!

BaseballGM
08-11-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't like running after signatures in the ballpark or parking lots as the signatures are sometimes awful, so I think it would have to be at a public or private signing to make sure the sig is crisp.

I am stockpiling items. I have some game used balls, a strikeout ball, a lineup card, Sports Illustrated covers, and working on getting a game used jersey so I should have nice items to do my own small signing.

Stras pitches tonight so hopefully he has a great outing!

Andrew - I was out at the park last night and it was certainly a very tough night. Hot and humid beyond belief - topped off by a bad outing from our superstar.

If you do get a private signing together, I'm up for sending in a few photographs.

cjw
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing! I was told he wore this from his debut game to the All Star break so there is some great history to it.

I have a huge cap collection and that is the only one with that imperfection as I was trying to match up my Adam Dunn and Ryan Zimmerman with no luck.

The sweat marks were really nice too and his hat sizing (large head) and the way his caps are numbered are unique as most of the players have their #'s written on the underside of the bill on the forehead side.

HI Andrew...I assume that your cap is a BP cap, right? If not, it looks as if the HOF has Stras' debut cap. http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/baseball-hall-adds-dozens-of-items/

allstarsplus
09-20-2010, 03:53 PM
HI Andrew...I assume that your cap is a BP cap, right? If not, it looks as if the HOF has Stras' debut cap. http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/baseball-hall-adds-dozens-of-items/

Yes, this is his BP cap. This cap was worn up to the All Star break and certainly was a lucky photomatch!