PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions Durene - 1960 Gil Mains #72

Terrybar
08-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Being offered is what I believe to be a 1960 Detroit Lions durene jersey of Gil Mains. The reason I say believe is that it comes with a JOSports LOA stating that it is a 1957 Detroit Lions Durene jersey with hologram #10463 which matches the hologram on the inside of the jersey. The hologram and jersey were sold prior to the creation of their online database (I have an email from JOSports to that effect).

Now, the reason I think it is a 1960 jersey as opposed to the 1957 jersey is the v-neck (instead of the circular collar) and the distincitvely notched #7 on the front of the jersey. The jersey also has 4" shoulder numbers which matches a Willie McClung lions durene that I found in a heritage auction listing (the McClung also has the notched #7 and v-neck collar). Also, there is a different Willie McClung jersey on the JOSports website that has the same characteristics. An individual who has a jersey from the 1950s era jersey pointed out this issues as well.

The jersey itself has Griswold tagging, customed formerly long sleeves, and silver tackle twill numbers that are still tightly sewn to the jersey. It also features a lot of nice wear that is consistent with other durene jerseys that I have seen. There has been tagging removed above the Griswold tagging, it looks like it was rectangular in nature (Manufacturer? MacGregor).

I am asking $375 which include shipping, insurance, and any assiciated paypal fees (if one desires to pay using paypal). I also accept money orders, personal checks (10 day clearance period). Also, I will accept returns whithin 14 days of receipt. (lrefund less shipping and fees, the buyer is responsible for return shipping). The jersey must be in original condition. And if you have it authenticated by a reputable 3rd party authenticator and it is not what it seems to be, I will accept a return (along with the authentication documentation) up to four months after the sale. In that case, the full amount is refundable (buyer responsible for return shipping and authentication costs).

I am also open to trades. Mostly I collect hockey jerseys or Detroit Tigers stuff (Brandon Lyon, TBTC styles, stuff with patches). I would consider any "Crozier" related items (Greg Crozier, Eric Crozier), Lake Superior State Unversity 3rd jerseys, or any Northern Michigan University jerseys.
If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or email me.

Thank you for reading the post.
Kurt Crozier
kwcrozier@gmail.com

Terrybar
09-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Bump.

New price $300.

Terrybar
09-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Jersey sold. Thanks to the buyer.