PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Reds Civil Rights Jerseys...

TomTimmerman
08-03-2010, 04:53 PM
My son and I went to the 09 game so I've kept an eye out for these since then. That's why I responded so quickly when I got the email from Steiner. Anyway, I noticed that Hairston was on the 09 list from Steiner. I've also seen in the last month or so a Hairston jersey on eBay with a certificate from the Reds (it's back up again now).

Is it likely that there were two sets of these? I'm guessing so. Since my items from Steiner show great game use, I'm assuming the ones they got really were used in the game. Is it possible that the jersey on eBay was game-issued but sold by the Reds as game-used?

I also seem to remember they made a pretty big deal about Hairston playing because his grandfather played in the Negro Leagues, so maybe he really did change jerseys during the game.

The certificate on eBay is dated 6/8/10. Has anyone in the Cincy area seem more of these for sale at the stadium?

Just curious about your thoughts.
Tom

chakes89
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
When I was at the team store in Late May, they had a Hairston 2009 Civil Rights Jersey along with 1-2 other Civil Rights jerseys. (I want to say Alex Gonzalez and Edwin Encarnacion)

They all appeared to be game issued and showed no use from what I saw.

rdeversole
08-03-2010, 05:17 PM
They had a few for sale at the stadium this year, with no use at all. They actually are still selling the blank leftover ones right now with nothing other than the logo on the front. I've noticed the Reds people sometimes miss the game used/game issued idea on jerseys.

AWA85
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Judging by the stains and SMELL of some of the jerseys from Steiner I have no doubt they got the real deal game used ones. Hairston was a huge story during that game, so I could see him wearing more then one jersey but possibly a few issued ones is what the Reds are dealing with.

sox83cubs84
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Special issue jerseys sometimes do have 2 sets made but only 1 set worn. The White Sox made two sets of their Rawlings 1990 Turn Back the Clock uniforms...one went back to the team, the other was given to the player.

Dave Miedema

dnrapp
08-04-2010, 01:06 AM
i noticed that this year the A's made up 2 jerseys from their TBTC day. In their in game auctions over the past month there has been a couple of player jerseys be up from auction twice. they did list the first jersey as being "game used" while the second listed as being a throwback jersey.

LastingsMilledge85
08-04-2010, 02:04 AM
dnrapp please email me. Thanks

dnrapp
08-04-2010, 07:45 AM
dnrapp please email me. Thanks

Email sent

jshortt
08-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure what to tell you guys about these. Obviously MLB gave Steiner the actual gamers, but I was told by the Reds (players and staff) that there were a "few" sets made. All the players got one to keep for themselves, then the ownership group got framed jerseys of a few different players. I personally have a Hairston and Encarnacion team issued jersey, and have held at least 4 other Hairstons in my hands, and seen a handful of Encarnacion and Gonzalez jerseys as well.

I got my 2009 Dickerson and 2010 Heisey today. The Dickerson is CAKED with dirt on the front and back from his double. The Heisey has some stains (probably dip spit) on the front, but he also didn't play a lot (though he DID have an assist on the game saving 3rd out).

hth,
Josh

LastingsMilledge85
08-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I was offered that same Heisey. Could you post pictures of it if possible?