PDA

View Full Version : HOFers Game Used Bats

bat_master
07-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am currently looking for a few more bats for my collection. All must be Louisville/H&B or Rawlings/Adirondack. Must match Louisville/H&B ordering records, show excellent use, and have good player characteristics. I would prefer unsigned bats.

1. Gary Carter
2. Paul Molitor
3. Carl Yastrzemski
4. Tony Perez
5. HOF Pitchers - Gaylor Perry, Fergie Jenkins, Rollie Fingers, etc.

There are several other on my list but most are financially out of reach for right now. If anyone has any HOFers for sale in the $500-$1500 range please contact me @ t_byington@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Tim Byington

staindsox
07-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Hi,
I have a Paul Molitor bat listed on eBay right now. It's auction number 140008351790. I posted a few photos on the forum about a week ago. The bat has excellent provenance (from Duane Ward) and has the correct markings on the knob. Email me if you want any photos. Thanks.

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

bat_master
07-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. The bat you have for sale is a very nice bat, but I'm trying to stay with H&B/Louisville Slugger or Rawlings/Adirondack only and am not currently interested in the Cooper. I do currently have a lead on a Molitor bat.

Thanks

Tim Byington

sportscentury
07-26-2006, 01:40 AM
Tim,

Left Field Collectibles has a Gaylord Perry bat for a reasonable price, but I think the use is very light. You may want to check it out. I believe they have it listed on eBay (perhaps in their eBay store).

Also, I believe David (MetsBats) just posted a Gary Carter gamer in the For Sale section.

I haven't seen Rollie Fingers or Fergie Jenkins bats in some time. I remember that Vince Malta snagged a beautiful Fingers W.S. bat off of eBay several years back ... that was the finest I had seen. It had an oversized middle-brand logo that L.S. had applied temporarily so that their company name could be viewed more easily during televised games ... a very cool and rare bat indeed.

Good luck with your search.

Reid

bat_master
07-26-2006, 06:48 AM
Hi Reid,

I've seen most of the bats available out there. I usually try to see what people have in their own collections. Thank you for the heads up on those.

Luckily, I was able to close the dooor yesterday on a couple of the bats I was looking for. Many thanks to forum member Steve Smith for parting with two absolutely gorgeous bats from his collection.

That being said, I'm no longer looking for bats of Willie McCovey or Gary Carter.

Thanks Steve!

Tim Byington
www.tjsportsmn.com

bat_master
08-02-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

To update my HOF bat wantlist I recently was able to purchase bats of McCovey and Gary Carter. I also have a Paul Molitor lined up to purchase later this week. That being said, my new list of ten looks like this:

1. Carl Yastrzemski
2. Al Kaline
3. Harmon Killebrew
4. George Kelly
5. Billy Williams
6. Willie Stargell
7. Brooks Robinson
8. Carlton Fisk
9. Joe Cronin
10. Tony Perez

I prefer unsigned H&B/Louisville or Rawlings/Adirondack bats. They must match records, have good player use characteristics, and show good use.

The very top end of my budget is around $3000 which pretty much leaves me buying only one bat from this list (depending on the player).

If you have duplicate bats of any of these players in your collection please consider parting with one to help out a fellow collector fill his collection. A link to photos of bats in my collection is found at the bottom of this post.

Thanks

Tim Byington
http://www.tjsportsmn.com/coll.html