PDA

View Full Version : Braves TBTC from 2002. NOPE!

gingi79
07-31-2010, 10:18 PM
When I researched the TBTC jerseys that the Braves wore in 2002, I came across the following. If you have documented proof that any of these notes are wrong, incomplete or partially correct, please post here. If you agree, please post your photographic proof. The seller of the Chipper jersey on eBay was notified of my findings very politely to which he responded by changing the wording in his listing to dispute me. Contrary to his myopic belief, Mitchell and Ness DID in fact issue store bought authentics from these games. (I've seen them for sale previously, still waiting to hear back from M&N to verify when and where.) So to date, here are the details I have verified:

1) They were worn against the Baltimore Orioles.
2) Both a White and a Blue jersey were worn.
3) The Blue ones were marketed and sold through the Orioles
4) ALL had MLB holograms.
5) They were made by Mitchell and Ness.
6) Each was tagged in the collar with the size.
7) Below the jock tag was a white felt patch that said "July 2002"

Now, here is a ridiculously low priced jersey on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHIPPER-JONES-MITCHELL-NESS-74-GAME-WORN-BRAVES-JERSEY-/300444332152?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f3e0b078

Notice that the size tag is missing, there is no July 2002 patch and no MLB Hologram. When I sent him the details above, he added to the item when he relisted: "These were never ever made available to the public"

He's wrong. When M&N confirms when and where I will email him and post here. So does anyone else have something to add?

Dach0sen0ne
08-01-2010, 12:28 AM
It looks like the guy sells a bunch of knock offs, its probably a fake M&N from overseas.

apfriz
08-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Hey Gingi !
I have a blue Kevin Millwood tbc blue road jersey....
I will try to post some pics for you, but of what you wrote, the only
thing that I read that may be different is that the jerseys were
when they played the orioles...I am almost certain they played the
phillies...

When i post the pics, I will put the hologram no into MLB and see
what it says...

ant

BergerKing22784
08-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I have a Wes Helms one with MLB cert... I thought they wore the white ones vs the Phillies? I feel like I was at a game in which they did.

skipcarayislegend
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm forgetting which year the jersey's were from - I think it was 2002 - but the clubhouse store at CNN had about a dozen game used TBTC road shirts, like that Chipper. This was probably four or five years ago. None of those jerseys had MLB certs/holograms and all were sold as "game used" by the store. Whether they were actually worn or not, I don't know. None showed much if any use. The only guys I can remember are Mazzone and Jesse Garcia. No big names. Those shirts spent months there for $100. They were eventually marked down to $50 and were gone in days.

I don't know if that helps anyone, but assuming the jerseys I saw were actually worn in games, it at least proves that there are TBTC's out there without holograms. Also, the COAs the team was issuing through the clubhouse store at that time were generic, unlike the ones they're writing now.

apfriz
08-07-2010, 01:06 PM
sorry for the delay, but I cant figure out how to post the pics...

It keeps telling me the size of the pics are too big ???

Here is what mlb notes when I submit the cert #

Hologram number MT00010428 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under JERSEYS.
Session Product Description: GAME USED JERSEYS
Game: ATLANTA BRAVES VS. PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES - JULY 27, 2002

Session Name: JERSEY AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: July 28, 2002
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BRAVES AWAY THROW BACK GAME USED JERSEYS - #34

hope this is helpful,
anthony

apfriz
08-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I have a chipper tbtc signed gamer from 1998...August

they were the white w blue pinstripe 'A B C' jerseys...

I was able to find some pics on getty, but cant get a close enough look to confirm a match...dont think there was any mlb authenticated at that time....if anyone has something to add, I'd love to listen.