PDA

View Full Version : Rangers traded saltalamacchia

Fnazxc0114
07-31-2010, 09:41 PM
well i guess the salty experiment is over id dallas. I guess i can chalk his g/u catchers mitt up as another purchase i regret lol

legaleagle92481
08-01-2010, 09:48 AM
the way players change teams these days wheter it be via trade, free agency, etc. is that really any huge surprise it must be rough to be a team collector. how many players have played ten plus years for only one team their whole career? I can count only jorge posada, Jeter, Mariano and Chipper Jones.

eisenreich8
08-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Not necessarily........let's see how he does in Pawtucket/Boston and maybe you and I can talk about that mitt.......

Fnazxc0114
08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
it realy isnt no big deal. Its the only catcher mitt in my collection, so its all good. I just wish he would have panned out a little better. It was fun watching the rangers all stars this year where two of them were guys we got for tex. Expecially since tex wasnt there. Just would have been cool to see him figure it out.

xpress34
08-01-2010, 07:42 PM
the way players change teams these days wheter it be via trade, free agency, etc. is that really any huge surprise it must be rough to be a team collector. how many players have played ten plus years for only one team their whole career? I can count only jorge posada, Jeter, Mariano and Chipper Jones.

Todd Helton - Rockies

Michael Young - Rangers

Carlos Zambrano - Cubs

and until a couple of days ago - Lance Berkman - Astros

But they don't play on the East Coast, so them being looked over is understandable...:rolleyes: Even the non reference of Berkman passing 10 years in Houston.

5kRunner
08-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Todd Helton - Rockies

Michael Young - Rangers

Carlos Zambrano - Cubs

and until a couple of days ago - Lance Berkman - Astros

But they don't play on the East Coast, so them being looked over is understandable...:rolleyes: Even the non reference of Berkman passing 10 years in Houston.

There are several.

Albert Pujols - Cardinals
Jimmy Rollins - Phillies
Jason Varitek - Red Sox
Vernon Wells - Blue Jays
Ichiro - Mariners

And Roy Oswalt was also in his tenth season with the Astros before being traded.

legaleagle92481
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Michael Young started out in the Jays organization and was traded to the Rangers in one of most one sided trades ever. Varitek started out in mariners organization and was traded to sox with Derek Lowe in another one sided trade. Ichiro, Zambrano and Pujols are in their tenth seasons not quite there yet. Berkman and Oswalt were but now that they are traded they won't make it. I overlooked Vernon Wells, Rollins and Helton. My broader point was it is just very rare for a player to spend over a decade with his original team these days. Which with a handful of players having achieved such I think is proven which makes it hard for team collectors.

sox83cubs84
08-02-2010, 01:17 PM
In the Young/Varitek category, don't forget Jeff Bagwell. Though a career Astro on the MLB level, he spent minor league time in the Red Sox system.

Dave Miedema

TNTtoys
08-02-2010, 01:51 PM
There are several.

Albert Pujols - Cardinals
Jimmy Rollins - Phillies
Jason Varitek - Red Sox
Vernon Wells - Blue Jays
Ichiro - Mariners

And Roy Oswalt was also in his tenth season with the Astros before being traded.

David Wright - Mets - soon to join that club. He looks to be the face of the franchise for years to come. Hopefully Jose Reyes will be with him for the ride...

legaleagle92481
08-02-2010, 11:17 PM
David Wright - Mets - soon to join that club. He looks to be the face of the franchise for years to come. Hopefully Jose Reyes will be with him for the ride...

He has several years until that point and the team may drive him nuts first lol. Yeah he and a few others though look poised to join that club i.e. Longoria, Pedoria, Howard, Utley, Mauer, Morneau and a few others. But you never can tell. Look how quick Cabera became an exMarlin or Holliday became an exRockie.

Fnazxc0114
08-03-2010, 09:18 PM
salty has been a bust up to this point. hopefully he can figure some things out. Maybe his high shool gym teacher(wife) will get his mind right.

joelsabi
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
well i guess the salty experiment is over id dallas. I guess i can chalk his g/u catchers mitt up as another purchase i regret lol

Just wondering if team collectors put any team service requirements before adding a new team player to the collection.

Also I see many team collectors who try to grab players in their team's minor league only to see them traded to another before going to the Show.

Do you team collector have any rules of what player can or cannot be in the collection? I guess there are pro and cons to putting restriction but I would like here your opinions on this.

Fnazxc0114
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
the guys who contributed to the team or played a part for multiple seasons i keep. Like blalock, he was here for a while and i enjoyed watching him play. Guys like smoak who i have signifigant g/u bat of i could realy care less about having it in my collection. I put it in the closet and hopefully things pan out with him. Salty realy didnt give us much while he was here so i will probably get rid of most of the stuff of his i have. Guys i have that are no longer with the team are pudge, blalock, palmeiro those guys were rangers so i am happy to have them in my collection. Hope that post makes since joel.

legaleagle92481
08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Just wondering if team collectors put any team service requirements before adding a new team player to the collection.

Also I see many team collectors who try to grab players in their team's minor league only to see them traded to another before going to the Show.

Do you team collector have any rules of what player can or cannot be in the collection? I guess there are pro and cons to putting restriction but I would like here your opinions on this.

I was a Jets team collector last season. I pulled the plug after the season because I heard they were going to cut ties with alot of the players I had or was interested in. I almost bought a Thomas Jones jersey from JO for three grand during the playoffs. It had sick use and he scored two tds in it. Instead at the last second I decided on a Nick Mangold. Jones played only one more game for the Jets so if I had bought I would have been so mad. I also almost bought an Alan Faneca after the season. In fact I had cut a deal with JO the sales rep. changed the price on the website but someone else grabbed it before I could get the funds together to buy it (I had had the sale of another item fall through). He was cut a few weeks later. I liked neither of the players enough to want the jersey if they were not on the team. Players switch teams too often these days for me to stick with team collecting. So I just go to the games, root my heart out and leave it at that.