PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Schafer jersey question

casmith12
07-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey, I've been on this site since January (I do not have very many posts just lurking). I am intrested in purchasing a game used Jordan Schafer away jersey. My question is: Since he only played in 50 games, how many sets of road jerseys did he go through? I do not have many game used jerseys so if I were to purchase a jersey from one of my favorite players I would like a lot of wear and tear! Well thank you for all of your help!

lakeerie92
07-29-2010, 09:01 PM
If you are looking at the one on eBay I would say that is a pretty good one to buy. Based on the puckering on the back numbers that generally occurs after multiple washes which would mean multiple wears. It is a set 2 so I would say for someone who played 50 games a set 2 would have been used with the Braves. I have seen up to set 12 with them on some players.

kylehess10
07-29-2010, 10:19 PM
If you are looking at the one on eBay I would say that is a pretty good one to buy. Based on the puckering on the back numbers that generally occurs after multiple washes which would mean multiple wears. It is a set 2 so I would say for someone who played 50 games a set 2 would have been used with the Braves. I have seen up to set 12 with them on some players.

Only certain players will really go up to that amount of sets. Specifically, in the past few years, Kenshin Kawakami, Jeff Francoeur, & Andruw Jones were the ones who over-ordered (and Jason Heyward starting this year. He has to be around Set 6 by now from what I've seen).

When it comes to Schafer, I'm pretty sure his Set 2 away jersey is the only away jersey out there if I'm not mistaken. Set 1 is from his major league debut, so I'm pretty sure he has that jersey. He lasted like 2 months I believe with Atlanta, so I think he would've only worn 2 away jerseys in that time.

lakeerie92
07-30-2010, 12:31 AM
His MLB debut jersey was a blue alternate. If it were me though I would have kept my first of every style so that is a definate possibility

kylehess10
07-30-2010, 01:22 AM
His MLB debut jersey was a blue alternate. If it were me though I would have kept my first of every style so that is a definate possibility

ahh...good point. I almost forgot they wore blue that night.

casmith12
07-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Thank you all of the help. I really appreciate it!