PDA

View Full Version : Arod jerseys worth 20k?

legaleagle92481
07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
I just noticed that Steiner is selling Arod jerseys for 20k. What are everyone's thoughts? I have never seen an active MLB player's jersey go this high before.

jetersbatboy
07-29-2010, 02:12 AM
There is a simple answer to this "Arod jerseys worth 20k" No Way!!!!!!

Dach0sen0ne
07-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Steiner has never tried to sell anything for far more then it's worth. ;) I'd pay $20,000 for it, if he's coming over my house to remodel my kitchen wearing it.

sox83cubs84
07-29-2010, 08:59 AM
To me, no way, but if Favre and Sanchez NFL gamers can go for similar amounts, just remember the words of P.T. Barnum. There's one born every minute.

Dave Miedema

zooat2
07-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Steiner has never tried to sell anything for far more then it's worth. ;) I'd pay $20,000 for it, if he's coming over my house to remodel my kitchen wearing it.

- LOL!! LOL!!....

- PLUS the fact that he is an admitted PED user! So why would they sell it for 20K is beyond my RATIONAL thinking....

legaleagle92481
07-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I agree especially since baseball players wear so many jerseys (I believe the Yanks switch every home stand and road trip these days) and there is so much Arod stuff on the market and he could play another 6-7 years so there will be alot more. Sanchez was unique because that was only his first jersey, JO sold the rest for much less. Farve I think alot of people thought it was his last year and their last chance to get a Farve jersey of which there are not many legit ones on the market so they paid it.

nycpropain
07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Am I remembering incorrectly that Arod buys his own jerseys (not the Yankees) and changes them every game to sell? I could have sworn I remember that being in his contract or something. That means steiner would be buying the items from Arod people.

I am not justifying it just trying to figure out why the hell steiner thinks 20,000 for a regular jersey and no milestone attached is acceptable

legaleagle92481
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Am I remembering incorrectly that Arod buys his own jerseys (not the Yankees) and changes them every game to sell? I could have sworn I remember that being in his contract or something. That means steiner would be buying the items from Arod people.

I am not justifying it just trying to figure out why the hell steiner thinks 20,000 for a regular jersey and no milestone attached is acceptable

I think after the PEDs Arod stopped hawking his stuff, his image people probably told him to cool that for awhile. I think its from Steiner-Yanks partnership. They (Steiner) will say the milestone is its his 600 homer season (if he ever hits that one homer at this rate who knows). The crazy thing is they have a road one from last year that was used during the season and issued for use in the WS with patch and all for 10 grand. The valuable Yanks jerseys from this year will be the George-Bob patched ones it will be interesting what those go for.

joelsabi
07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I am not posting to tell you its worth 20K but to provide information that I discovered based on its MLB hologram.

Here is the Steiner Detail for this item on their website.

Product Details: A Yankees-Steiner Letter of Authenticity is included.

That's it. Now press the "Add to Cart" button. :D

OR

The jersey is MLB authenticated and I verify the date on the MLB database as June 3. On that day, ARod hit his 8th homer of the season and 591th of his career. I pull up the HR video and there is the match on the NY crest. (mind you that HR trots on videos usually are a quick zoom on the player’s front for his reaction and then a zoom out as he rounds the bases) I look back at the same home stand and ARod hit his 20th grand slam on May 31. It allowed him to pass Eddie Murray who had 19 GS and only behind Manny and Gehrig. It also allowed him to pass Frank Robinson on the all-time HR list, placing him 7th overall. I check the NY crest on the video, seems to match. I notice 3 RBIs on May 21 and notice a double. I recalled him hitting a line drive that hit the pitcher so I pull up the video and there is ARod with a concerned look on his face with the same jersey.

Would the same jersey be used in the previous home stand? Maybe. Some expect in the hobby may have told you no but I am taking a look. I check the next homer with a large RBI total. Cool. ARod hit a home run against rival Closer Papelbon in the 9th to tie a game. I do a quick video check on the NY crest -- a match. The first game of the home stand, ARod hit a grand slam. He also passed Mark McGwire on the all-time home run list in that game. Video match again.

So that’s at least two grand slam and 5 total home runs while using this pinstripes. On the conservative side, I am comfortable saying it's a HR jersey from June 3. But for it to be worth over 10K I need way more than that and my preliminarily research looks promising.

Why I am sharing this? Because this jersey is too rich for my blood and maybe a member here would like to investigate more if they were interested in pursuing this. I mean I only did a quick check on the NY crest and that's positively not enough. But when I look at a video quickly and see what I expect to see, it gets more convincing. I did not even bother to look at Getty nor did I bother to look at the previous, previous home stand. You need to check the jersey for points of matching to for all the dates I mentioned. At the least, check points on the crest, seams, buttons, and numbers at this price level. Getty is good for this as photographers zoom in while they round the bases compared to the long view of the television lens.

Just remember to do your due diligence especially at this price level. Verify for yourself what I said above, then do some more research. If you are a good story teller there's some great material for you if it all pans out.

Also remember that Steiner prices are negotiable. We still don’t know the reaction of fans or the media's take on ARod;s movement up the ladder so it will be interesting to see if and when it gets sold and for how much.

At the least, you can use this process in your own research to uncover hidden achievements not mentioned in the product description. I hope this was constructive and useful for someone.

gingi79
07-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Define "worth"? If I was a millionaire and he wore it in my son or daughter's first game or my dad's last game with me, then hell yeah it's worth it.

If I am buying for monetary value and want to turn it for a profit?

Never gonna happen

legaleagle92481
07-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Define "worth"? If I was a millionaire and he wore it in my son or daughter's first game or my dad's last game with me, then hell yeah it's worth it.

If I am buying for monetary value and want to turn it for a profit?

Never gonna happen

I never collected for investment. I meant to purchase to collect or just have. For example a car is not an investment you drive it off the lot bye bye to half its value. But there is a certain amount you can pay for the car without being considered "ripped off". Say you go to the dealership and the dealer is selling a car for 40k that you can get elsewhere for 20k, you pay 40k you were ripped off. Same thing here more or less.

ereyes
07-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Just want to clarify something on the Arod jersey. 1. it was placed on our website in error, and 2. our system populated the incorrect price. Any other questions about the Arod jersey please free feel to call me at 888-265-9298 or email me at ereyes@steinersports.com

Dach0sen0ne
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Just want to clarify something on the Arod jersey. 1. it was placed on our website in error, and 2. our system populated the incorrect price. Any other questions about the Arod jersey please free feel to call me at 888-265-9298 or email me at ereyes@steinersports.com

Efrain, Thanks for the clarification. I guess I can stop saving and thinking about ways I was going to hide that purchase from my wife. :D

nickacs
07-30-2010, 03:15 PM
I could've sworn Joel or someone posted on the first page a couple MLB game frames trying to determine when the jersey was worn? I don't see it now, so maybe I'm getting my threads mixed up?! LOL..

Anyways, it's MLB auth# matches to the May 13, 2010 game vs. Detroit :) Hope it helps someone!

joelsabi
07-30-2010, 03:56 PM
I could've sworn Joel or someone posted on the first page a couple MLB game frames trying to determine when the jersey was worn? I don't see it now, so maybe I'm getting my threads mixed up?! LOL..

Anyways, it's MLB auth# matches to the May 13, 2010 game vs. Detroit :) Hope it helps someone!

No your eyes weren't deceiving you. I just wanted to check with Efran to make sure that the jersey was supposed to have been offered.