PDA

View Full Version : Baseball in Philly

legaleagle92481
07-27-2010, 03:38 PM
I am making another trek to take in another stadium. I am up to eight so far old and new Yankee Stadium, Shea and Citifield, Camden Yards, Nationals Park, Skydome and Fenway Park. This time it is Philly. Does anyone know how to get the cheapest tickets and the best places to sit? I am going to attend the Mets series so I assume it will be SRO. Thanks.

LastingsMilledge85
07-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I went in 2007 before the Phillies gained all the hype and got reasonable tickets from the Phillies and got to sit two or three rows back from the Mets dugout. Things have changed now, so I would assume that same deal through the team isn't possible. Try Stubhub, that would be your best bet as I'm going to see the Mets in Pittsburgh and the tickets are Cheaper through Stubhub, than the Pirates.

legaleagle92481
07-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I went in 2007 before the Phillies gained all the hype and got reasonable tickets from the Phillies and got to sit two or three rows back from the Mets dugout. Things have changed now, so I would assume that same deal through the team isn't possible. Try Stubhub, that would be your best bet as I'm going to see the Mets in Pittsburgh and the tickets are Cheaper through Stubhub, than the Pirates.

thanks. let me know how pittsburgh's stadium is that is a future sojourn of mine. what other parks have you been to?

earlywynnfan
07-28-2010, 12:06 AM
When are you going to Philly? My buddies and I are doing a BB roadtrip: Phila 8/8, Baltimore 8/9, and DC 8/10. I've only been to Baltimore before.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

cliffjmp33
07-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Best bet is usually StubHub, but try Philadelphia Craigslist. Sometimes, last second tickets come up for cheap. They are technically sold out for the rest of the year, with occasional single ticket popping up.

Depending how much you want to pay, I always like sitting behind the benches, so my own preference there. The Phanatic walks all over, but he'll be on 1st base dugout side for the 7th or so as he does a skit there.

A cool spot, if you can get them is, 101. It's right/center with both bullpens to your right.

If you want behind the plate, save the $ and sit in the 300s as I think it's just as good bang for your buck. They (resellers) are currently holding peoples hands over flames for the Diamond Club (right behind the plate) seating.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

LastingsMilledge85
07-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I've been to: the Skydome (before Rogers Centre), Shea, Citi, Citizen's Bank, Nationals, both Yankee Stadiums, Dolphins Stadium (before they changed), Various Spring Training games and Various Minor League games.

LastingsMilledge85
07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Forgot to add, Fenway as well.

legaleagle92481
07-29-2010, 12:16 AM
When are you going to Philly? My buddies and I are doing a BB roadtrip: Phila 8/8, Baltimore 8/9, and DC 8/10. I've only been to Baltimore before.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

wow you have a nice baseball weekend planned. nationals stadium is really nice i went there about three weeks ago. i am going probably a week from saturday which is 8/7 i believe.

legaleagle92481
07-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Best bet is usually StubHub, but try Philadelphia Craigslist. Sometimes, last second tickets come up for cheap. They are technically sold out for the rest of the year, with occasional single ticket popping up.

Depending how much you want to pay, I always like sitting behind the benches, so my own preference there. The Phanatic walks all over, but he'll be on 1st base dugout side for the 7th or so as he does a skit there.

A cool spot, if you can get them is, 101. It's right/center with both bullpens to your right.

If you want behind the plate, save the $ and sit in the 300s as I think it's just as good bang for your buck. They (resellers) are currently holding peoples hands over flames for the Diamond Club (right behind the plate) seating.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/phi/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

Thanks for the information.

Rob
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I am making another trek to take in another stadium. I am up to eight so far old and new Yankee Stadium, Shea and Citifield, Camden Yards, Nationals Park, Skydome and Fenway Park. This time it is Philly. Does anyone know how to get the cheapest tickets and the best places to sit? I am going to attend the Mets series so I assume it will be SRO. Thanks.

How did you like the ball park?

legaleagle92481
08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
How did you like the ball park?

I postponed my trip to the weekend of September 24th because Howard went on the DL. With Utley, Victornio and Howard out traveling to Philly to see a game loses something and Howard is one of my favorite players.