PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Jersey Question.

zooat2
07-27-2010, 08:54 AM
- I asked my fellow collectors a few weeks back if I should get a Rivera or A-Rod jersey and I followed everyone's advice w/ the Rivera selection.

- Now I have another ques: What would you rather have, a GU WS jersey from last year OR a Steinbrenner/Sheppard patch jersey? I dont care who the player is at this point. This is my dilema as I await those jerseys to hit the market.

BULBUS
07-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Well, there will be a lot more gu/issued Steinbrenner/Sheppard jerseys available when all is said and done. They should be cheaper.

I have a 2009 game used away jersey with WS patch if you are interested.

-Chris
donnie23fan at yahoo.com

legaleagle92481
07-27-2010, 11:21 AM
- I asked my fellow collectors a few weeks back if I should get a Rivera or A-Rod jersey and I followed everyone's advice w/ the Rivera selection.

- Now I have another ques: What would you rather have, a GU WS jersey from last year OR a Steinbrenner/Sheppard patch jersey? I dont care who the player is at this point. This is my dilema as I await those jerseys to hit the market.

Patches are great but they are not as valuable in the end as WS stuff. Yeah George and Bob meant alot to the organization but as Chris said there are going to be alot of such jerseys issued/used this year. I believe that the Yanks change jerseys after every road trip and home stand. Plus regular season jerseys are inherently less valuable unless a milestone was achieved in them i.e. Arod's 600th homer jersey will be worth more and more desirable than his ALDS jersey from 2007. However, watch out for the Steiner road WS patch jerseys. As They were sold by Steiner as game used road jerseys with the patch added that were issued for use in the WS but there is no proof they were used therein. So unless you get one MLB certified I would stay away as you may be paying extra for a regular season jersey with a patch.

BULBUS
07-27-2010, 12:47 PM
However, watch out for the Steiner road WS patch jerseys. As They were sold by Steiner as game used road jerseys with the patch added that were issued for use in the WS but there is no proof they were used therein. So unless you get one MLB certified I would stay away as you may be paying extra for a regular season jersey with a patch.

This is what I have. The jersey was used during the regular season and the WS patch was added so that the jersey could be used as a back-up and then sold for more money. But it is a way for a collector such as myself to get a jersey with a WS patch without paying the crazy prices of one that was used in the WS with MLB authentication. Got it from Yankees auctions and still paid less than what Steiner is asking for one without the WS patch.

-Chris

legaleagle92481
07-27-2010, 01:58 PM
This is what I have. The jersey was used during the regular season and the WS patch was added so that the jersey could be used as a back-up and then sold for more money. But it is a way for a collector such as myself to get a jersey with a WS patch without paying the crazy prices of one that was used in the WS with MLB authentication. Got it from Yankees auctions and still paid less than what Steiner is asking for one without the WS patch.

-Chris

True. Some people misrepresent them though as actually having been used in the World Series, which is why I was saying to avoid. If it is properly represented as yours is there is no issue.

slam
07-28-2010, 12:50 AM

-Chris

I purchased one too, but thank to Kyle he was able to photo match it to game 3 of the W.S.

zooat2
07-28-2010, 07:46 AM
- Thanks guys, especially legal and bulbus. You two always give great advice when it comes to the Yankees and I appreciate it...