PDA

View Full Version : Red sticky substance on bat

mariner_gamers
07-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I just got 2 bats from 2010 Spring Training. One is a Milton Bradley the other is a Josh Bard. I got them from two completely different sources and they both share something I am unfamiliar with. The bats have a red sticky substance starting about 5 inches off the knob and running about 6 inches. It stops right where tar or Mota would usually stop. It appears to be cherry Gatorade but it has no scent. It wraps completely around the entire bat. So is there a new sticking agent being tested? Did the Mariners have a Gatorade fight at Spring Training or is it some strange ritual a player brought to the clubhouse and another tried?? I am sure it is probably spit or something along those lines and I get to go wash my hands. I am just curious if anyone else has seen this or knows if Milton or Bard have a strange bat ritual???
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/125/l_62f98d28de774894a96123a91af2647a.jpg

Thanks!

MLB_Authentic
07-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Thats mota stick. Its just fresh, before it became black due to batting gloves, dirt, etc.

mariner_gamers
07-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks! Apparently these are the freshest bats I have come across! I thought Mota was gray and turned black.