PDA

View Full Version : I just heard.....

Vintagedeputy
07-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Orel Hershiser talking about Pudge's torn pants during the Tigers game. Orel made a comment about how the player will have pants in his locker labeled A, B, C, D and that he'll just have a pair of pants repaired if he's doing well because "there's hits left in those pants".

It was neat to hear something about uniform tagging during a game but do they really issue all 4 sets of pants at one time? I thought they were staggered throughout the year as needed?

gameused
07-19-2006, 09:08 PM
On the subject of pants, heres a couple of photos of Kevin Youkilis and Coco Crisp, notice the pants have heavy repairs in them, look like these pants still have a lot hits left!

Number9
07-20-2006, 01:35 AM
Neat pics. Thanks for sharing. I wish jerseys got that kind of use.

sportscentury
07-20-2006, 09:57 AM
It was neat to hear something about uniform tagging during a game but do they really issue all 4 sets of pants at one time? I thought they were staggered throughout the year as needed?

Teams will often get multiple sets at the beginning of the season. However, teams will often order and receive additional sets as the season moves forward. It varies quite a bit. I wouldn't doubt Orel on this, though. I have noticed that comments about uniforms, bats, equipment, etc., are becoming more common in discussions among baseball analysts and commentators. I have to think that this is at least partly influenced by the growth of the hobby and folks' interest in these kinds of things.

Reid