PDA

View Full Version : The Classifieds $500 limit

Neal
07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Have there been any talks of raising this limit? I would guess that many of us would like to buy items that are over $500, and with eBay being the only real daily auction, perhaps this is something to look into.

I would be all for the powers that be implementing an daily auction/sales site right here .... and even let them make a little money doing so ;)

Thanks

jgoldstein2000
07-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Agreed.

vballGuy
07-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Agreed. I never really understood what the reason was for this limit. I'm sure many things over $500 are sold via this site through the Items Wanted section.

If the $500 limit is an issue, how about allowing users to at least post items that they want to move and let potential buyers contact the seller for a price?

jtorrez
07-23-2010, 02:22 PM
I think the limits had something to do with the GUU Store and Auctions. They want high end items there instead where they can get a cut, rather than listing them for free and not getting anything for allowing you to sell a high priced item.

Neal
07-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I think the limits had something to do with the GUU Store and Auctions. They want high end items there instead where they can get a cut, rather than listing them for free and not getting anything for allowing you to sell a high priced item.

I have no problem with that, but there is nothing in there.

Perhaps no one really knows about it?

STLHAMMER32
07-23-2010, 02:55 PM
I have never quite understood this as well, I think the explanation behind it has been given as not wanting to have any huge potential mishaps....however once the difference between selling two $500 items to someone or one $1,000 item....I don't get it...

ChrisCavalier
07-23-2010, 04:07 PM
The reason for the limit was indicated in the user agreement. That is:

In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe. To prevent any major problems from occurring, the sale price limit for items in this classified section is $500.

Specifically, since we were not going to be monitoring items in this section for legitmacy, etc, we were limiting it to $500 to prevent any major problems from occuring. However, given the large number of people requesting a platform on the GUU site to sell additional items, we just made the following announcement:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=36738

Please feel free to read the announcement as I believe it provides an answer to the original question. I am also closing this thread since the other post provides the necessary information.

Sincerely,
Chris