PDA

View Full Version : a weird story with ebay member jasmine1405.. and near great addition to my MSU collection

perlman9
07-21-2010, 08:37 PM
So there is an ebayer (jasmine1405) who has a lot of Carolina Panther and Seahawks jerseys for sale. He had a Julian Peterson (former Spartan) for sale on ebay and it didn't sell so he relisted. I contacted him about it and we worked out a trade for a Falcons jersey of mine and some cash for the Peterson ($85). He then said he also had a TJ Duckett (also a Spartan) and he wanted what I thought was to much but we worked out a deal on that as well (A John Howell 2003 Buccaneer jersey and $125).

As we were talking about the Duckett deal, I sent him the $85 through paypal and the falcons jersey and after the Duckett deal was worked out a day later I told him I didn't want to send all the cash ($210 total) and the two jerseys since i never dealt with him. We agreed to do the Peterson deal first and said I would do the Duckett once this deal went well. Fair I thought and both agreed upon.

I got an email from him on a Friday saying his girlfriend was sending the Peterson, to be on the lookout and then asked again for the cash for the Duckett. I said no to sending the Duckett cash and all seemed fine.

A few days later I got a package and opened it to see the Falcons jersey returned and then the money back in my paypal. He said he sent it back because I told him I had other jerseys to trade (which I ended up selling to pay for these two jerseys because he showed little to no interest) and said the deal was off. I asked why the jersey wasn't sent on Friday like he said, he gave no real answer but said if I still wanted to do the cash ($210) and two jerseys, I could send them and he would still do the deal. I sent paypal and the jerseys against better judgment but I really wanted these and he sent his cell phone.

After a few days, he says he doesn't like the Buccaneers because one of the reebok logos is faded. I respond quickly saying he can send back the $125 and bucs jersey, no hard feelings and we can work on the Duckett later when I get more cash. Anyway, he then says he will take $240 more in cash (a total of $450 for jerseys not worth over $375 imo) and send the jerseys back I traded for the two. For whatever reason, he just didn't return the Duckett and cash, he again didn't want to keep his word on the Peterson trade and is sending everything back. But again, no real excuse as to why. All the while he was trying to get be to buy a Muhsin Muhammad panthers jersey and then said he had a friend who had one for $375. I said I would think about taking it, then he said his friend didn't want to sell it.

I don't know if anyone has dealt with him his feedback seems good so I think sales are fine, but just be leary if you talk to him about trades as I have done everything (at least in my mind) to make it happen and he has yet to give a reason as to why the Peterson deal fell through twice. I can understand somewhat on the Duckett as he didn't like the Howell (a lame excuse in my opinion but to each their own) but I am baffled as to why someone would go through all that trouble to not get any deal done and just trade paypal payments and mailing back and forth. Not to mention, I sold a few items to help pay for these and now I am out those as well.

So again, it seems jasmine1405 is a decent seller, but needs to be approached with caution when it comes to trading...and those were two jerseys would have been awesome in my MSU collection!

legaleagle92481
07-21-2010, 11:26 PM
So there is an ebayer (jasmine1405) who has a lot of Carolina Panther and Seahawks jerseys for sale. He had a Julian Peterson (former Spartan) for sale on ebay and it didn't sell so he relisted. I contacted him about it and we worked out a trade for a Falcons jersey of mine and some cash for the Peterson ($85). He then said he also had a TJ Duckett (also a Spartan) and he wanted what I thought was to much but we worked out a deal on that as well (A John Howell 2003 Buccaneer jersey and $125).

As we were talking about the Duckett deal, I sent him the $85 through paypal and the falcons jersey and after the Duckett deal was worked out a day later I told him I didn't want to send all the cash ($210 total) and the two jerseys since i never dealt with him. We agreed to do the Peterson deal first and said I would do the Duckett once this deal went well. Fair I thought and both agreed upon.

I got an email from him on a Friday saying his girlfriend was sending the Peterson, to be on the lookout and then asked again for the cash for the Duckett. I said no to sending the Duckett cash and all seemed fine.

A few days later I got a package and opened it to see the Falcons jersey returned and then the money back in my paypal. He said he sent it back because I told him I had other jerseys to trade (which I ended up selling to pay for these two jerseys because he showed little to no interest) and said the deal was off. I asked why the jersey wasn't sent on Friday like he said, he gave no real answer but said if I still wanted to do the cash ($210) and two jerseys, I could send them and he would still do the deal. I sent paypal and the jerseys against better judgment but I really wanted these and he sent his cell phone.

After a few days, he says he doesn't like the Buccaneers because one of the reebok logos is faded. I respond quickly saying he can send back the $125 and bucs jersey, no hard feelings and we can work on the Duckett later when I get more cash. Anyway, he then says he will take $240 more in cash (a total of $450 for jerseys not worth over $375 imo) and send the jerseys back I traded for the two. For whatever reason, he just didn't return the Duckett and cash, he again didn't want to keep his word on the Peterson trade and is sending everything back. But again, no real excuse as to why. All the while he was trying to get be to buy a Muhsin Muhammad panthers jersey and then said he had a friend who had one for $375. I said I would think about taking it, then he said his friend didn't want to sell it.

I don't know if anyone has dealt with him his feedback seems good so I think sales are fine, but just be leary if you talk to him about trades as I have done everything (at least in my mind) to make it happen and he has yet to give a reason as to why the Peterson deal fell through twice. I can understand somewhat on the Duckett as he didn't like the Howell (a lame excuse in my opinion but to each their own) but I am baffled as to why someone would go through all that trouble to not get any deal done and just trade paypal payments and mailing back and forth. Not to mention, I sold a few items to help pay for these and now I am out those as well.

So again, it seems jasmine1405 is a decent seller, but needs to be approached with caution when it comes to trading...and those were two jerseys would have been awesome in my MSU collection!

He probably just felt he could not sell the stuff you were trading for enough money to justify trading for it. He might have vacilatated on it because of lack of interest in the Petersen and Duckett jerseys from others but in the end felt he had a better chance of selling them than the jerseys you were trading him.

Neely8
07-22-2010, 01:08 AM
He sounds like a wingnut to me.

perlman9
07-22-2010, 06:33 AM
yea, totally weird and I appreciate the comment of legal as it gave me some perspective as sometimes we (at least myself) can get caught up in the situation and not see the forest through the trees. However now he sent me a tracking number then hours later, after I responded that I got it, etc, he sent an email saying he will send paypal in 3-4 after funds clear.

Anyway, will keep everyone posted if the funds don't clear just as an education piece on an ebayer that sells jerseys and hopefully someone can learn something from this experience when it comes to trading. thanks for listening (or reading) my rant as I went from excited to adding two great MSU stars to the collection to wondering if I will see the money I got from selling some of my collection.. At least what I sold wasn't anything I was beholden to...

spartanservitto
07-22-2010, 07:26 AM
yea, totally weird and I appreciate the comment of legal as it gave me some perspective as sometimes we (at least myself) can get caught up in the situation and not see the forest through the trees. However now he sent me a tracking number then hours later, after I responded that I got it, etc, he sent an email saying he will send paypal in 3-4 after funds clear.

Anyway, will keep everyone posted if the funds don't clear just as an education piece on an ebayer that sells jerseys and hopefully someone can learn something from this experience when it comes to trading. thanks for listening (or reading) my rant as I went from excited to adding two great MSU stars to the collection to wondering if I will see the money I got from selling some of my collection.. At least what I sold wasn't anything I was beholden to...

I actually went to State, Im curious, what do you focus on? I would love to collect basketball game used, but Ive never seen anything, especially a Travis Walton GU jersey.

-Tony

perlman9
07-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Hey Tony,
I mainly do game worn NFL jerseys of former Spartans. I saw last year (after the finals loss to NC) MSU did auction off game worn BB jerseys of the Seniors (Walton included) for a minimum bid of $500. They were framed. I would check their auction site as I would think they will auction off Senior jerseys about once a year. But is seems every year they do auction off the chairs from their games signed by Tom Izzo, and I think his tournament stool signed by him as well... hope that helps!