PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with this Super Bowl 36 football between the Rams and Pats

hockeytigers
07-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I have been offered this Super Bowl 36 football and wondered if anyone can give me the scoop on why the team names have been left off? The ball is a kicking ball and has the two K's on the one side and the stars and stripes logo on the reverse for 9/11. The ball says AFC Champion vs NFL Champion.

Why would Wilson make up this football and not put the team names on but have the K's added?

russyurk
07-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm not a GU football collector but 9/11 might be partially responsible. The date of the game was pushed back one week due to the altered schedule and the original logo was scrapped for a more patriotic version.

According to Wikipedia..."Initially, the original logo for Super Bowl XXXVI was to have a style that reflected the host city. The original logo was distributed on some memorabilia items during 2001. However, after the 9/11 attacks, a new logo reflecting American pride was designed, featuring the shape of the 48 contiguous states (see the top of this article)."

I will defer to our football experts out there.