PDA

View Full Version : Gary Carter autograph session

mbenga28
07-15-2010, 09:22 AM
http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/07/post-653.html.php

otismalibu
07-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Dude with the camera is in need of a public caning.

mariner_gamers
07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Basically all I heard was "Gary this is about me, Me, ME, Gary do you hear me!! Everything is about ME GARY!! ME, ME, ME, ME!!! Sign these for ME, the line behind us is waiting for ME, don't threaten ME, don't touch ME, ME, ME, GARY ITS ALL ABOUT ME!!!" An adult child that has never been told no or faced real consequences for poor decisions/actions. I see more and more of these folks in every facet of my life. I am sure on the ride home he told his kids "See, I told you daddy would get him to sign. You see kids your daddy is the man it is all about ME!"

Free signings you take what is offered and say "Thank-You!"

sportscentury
07-16-2010, 06:42 AM
What a shame. Gary is one of the nicest fellows you could ever meet. My friend and I met him at the Hall of Fame one time. My friend was among the last in line to get his ball signed by Gary. It was already well past the end of his signing session, but Gary stayed until all items were signed. He then talked with us for an additional 45-50 minutes about everything from little league to MLB politics and steroids. The promoters were literally shutting down and cleaning up around us. He then offered to sign our Hall of Fame caps for free, which we gladly accepted. It was the highlight of our trip -- I'm not sure where I put that autographed cap, but I'll never forget our conversation with Gary. Awesome guy.

Unfortunately, this "father" with the video camera is just one of many who are just like him in our hobby. It's shameful.

Dach0sen0ne
07-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Look for some Gary Carter Mets 8x10's on Ebay. This guy is a complete jerk, I wouldn't have signed them if I was Gary.

metsbats
07-17-2010, 07:56 PM
First of all the demand for Carter 8X10s isn't all that great. He's been signing for years. He is not Piazza who rarely does signings. So even if this guy was trying to make a killing he won't.

I hope Gary personalized these photos at least.

I"m so glad I don't go to autograph shows anymore.

metsbats
07-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Where's Mead Chasky when you need him? If Mead was with Gary he would have taken care of this guy without the help of security.