PDA

View Full Version : does steiner accept offers?

ferro39
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
i guess in light of the recent promotion they had for forum members for GW items, i was considering picking up a giants stadium sign for a friend as a bday gift, but it's a bit out of my price range even with a discount code.

do they generally accept offers on items?

thanks in advance for any help.

spartanservitto
07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
I feel like they will move on anything, call them and talk to them.

-Tony

nickacs
07-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Yup, definitely talk to them. I corresponded with one of their reps about 2 months ago about an issue I had with a Steiner hologram'ed jersey and turned out to be fake.
Long story short, the rep gave me a 15% discount on the jersey I wanted without even me asking. Was great though, however, I had to pass at that time on the jersey. Even with the discount it was a helluva lot of dough :)

jv225
07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Call and talk to a rep they will come down some and sometimes significantly depending on what it is, time of year etc.

Mulligans
07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
I have yet to pay their asking price on any item and I have purchased quite a few items over the years. You really do need to get your own rep to build a relationship with. Good Luck.

pjbmd
07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
call and talk with efrain reyes
he'll work with you on getting the best price
he's done it for me on many ocassions
pjb

sportscentury
07-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I have always found Steiner and JO (and many other businesses in the hobby) to be very open to offers. I have never paid the listed/advertised price for an item from either of these businesses. It never hurts to make an offer -- the worst that can happen is the business/dealer says "no thanks." More typically, you will receive a "yes" or a counter-offer. In the current economy, I have been particularly impressed by a lot of the deals that can be negotiated.

mbenga28
07-15-2010, 06:42 AM
I have always found Steiner and JO (and many other businesses in the hobby) to be very open to offers. I have never paid the listed/advertised price for an item from either of these businesses. It never hurts to make an offer -- the worst that can happen is the business/dealer says "no thanks." More typically, you will receive a "yes" or a counter-offer. In the current economy, I have been particularly impressed by a lot of the deals that can be negotiated.

have you been around sportscentury, wanted to know what recent NBA game used items you've acquired?

jrd
07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Does anyone still have a copy of the spreadsheet of extra items from the Steiner deal offered here a few weeks ago. I had a copy but deleted it and there was a few things on there I wanted to call about.

LMK, thanks

sportscentury
07-16-2010, 06:47 AM
have you been around sportscentury, wanted to know what recent NBA game used items you've acquired?

Mbenga - Yes, I have been around. Please feel free to shoot me an email at rgf2@hotmail.com any time you like. Sorry for the delay in responding - I just saw your post.