PDA

View Full Version : Hunt auction Johnny Bench helmet 12K...

33bird
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Bench 70s helmet ended at 12k..Could go even higher with the live bidding after all-star game tonight. I think it went 4k higher than their HIGH estimate. I got the high bid on the 85 Dave Parker home Reds jersey with Chilli Davis coa. Anybody else got the high bid on anything going in to tonight?

rj_lucas
07-13-2010, 06:25 PM
$12K was the final bid on the Bench helm. The live auction actually took place this morning. The Parker gear sold for $851 -- if that was you, congrats!

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

dcgreg25
07-13-2010, 08:11 PM
$12K was the final bid on the Bench helm. The live auction actually took place this morning. The Parker gear sold for $851 -- if that was you, congrats!

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

I was just about to point that out. I wound up winning the Julio Franco 1986 Cleveland Indians jersey with Chili Davis COA. I was glad to get it as Franco Indians jerseys have proven tough to find and he was my favorite player growing up. Anybody else win anything? It seems that Chili had quite a collection from his playing days. His Puckett WS Jersey went for $20,000.

AWA85
07-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I was going to bid on the Parker package but last minute decided not to. Glad I didn't run it up on you.

Anyone know why Davis parted with just about EVERYTHING?

nickacs
07-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I was tempted to bid on a couple jerseys, but after reading the couple threads here in the Auction section about some very questionable ones, I decided to pass all-together.
Sucks, because there were some nice ones, but oh wells.. always next time :)

Congrats to those that won something!